Alan Wake 2 (and why I love 3D.)

virtualvessels

Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Gold
Pronouns
He/Him.
I've recently finished Alan Wake 2 and I can say it's one of the most impressive games I've played. Narrative-wise, it's an amazing story with rich details- but the focus on this post is it's amazing environment and ambience. The whole game reminds me why I got into making 3D art, and what can be achieved in this day-and-age technology. I love how everything in the game looks like it was crafted with care, not to mention the character's animations literally looks like I'm watching a movie in real time. Not just with the big skyline environments, but seeing little small details you find in small rooms around the world of the game really pushes the limits of realism in a game. Hopefully one day I'm able to make the level perfection in 3D with my work just as this game does. Below I posted some screenshots of the game I took while playing. Has anyone else played it? What's your thoughts on it? If you haven't played it yet, I highly recommend it.

Attachments

• image (1).png
    image (1).png
    758.3 KB · Views: 4
  • image-min.png
    image-min.png
    748.4 KB · Views: 3
  • image-min (1).png
    image-min (1).png
    629 KB · Views: 3
  • image-min (2).png
    image-min (2).png
    688.8 KB · Views: 4
ok so not clicking on those pics because planning to play the game in the future myself but uh how innovative is it? If it's just literally alan wake 1.5 with just better graphics then idk idk

ok nvm, saw the minimum requirements and I've a 1060

Last edited:
ok so not clicking on those pics because planning to play the game in the future myself but uh how innovative is it? If it's just literally alan wake 1.5 with just better graphics then idk idk

ok nvm, saw the minimum requirements and I've a 1060
I say it's innovative in certain areas. The game's combat is basically like the first game- shine light on ya enemy to weak 'em and start blasting. But where it shines with it's innovation is it's investigation-like gameplay. There's parts of the game where you investigate certain areas and try to figure out everything yourself on a plot board. It was pretty cool honestly, and I liked how the character you played as gave they're own personal thoughts while you're figuring out whatever your investigating.

And yeah the graphics are a handful for sure. I'm playing with a 3080 and I was facing lag drops here and there.

Back