Website
wsx.moe
Gold
Lounge Access
Gentle Dreams
Chronosentry OVER//CUTE
Pronouns
She/Her
Anyone here that plays games in an arcade? I've finally started going to the arcades again and I need more people to talk about it.
Back in like 2015 I got super into arcade rhythm games, but there was no arcade close by at all that had any of these games. Most of them had shitty redemption games, and far from my house. Which as a teen was hard to reach. Now however there is one that opened up two years relatively close that has some really cool games. Finally after almost 10 years I can live out my dreams in the arcade playing the games I have always had a big special interest in. Mostly Sound Voltex, Taiko, Chunithm and the like. What are some games you love playing in the arcades?

i had two phases of arcade game obsessions

1st phase was around 2010-2012 when i was still a kid, back then there was a old school arcade (the ones with shmups and fighting games, etc) in a mall that was near-ish where i grew up, and everytime my family came back from their outstation work they would bring me there and i would spend an entire afternoon playing shmups that unfortunately no longer remember the names

2nd phase was 2017-now where i would just use money that i saved up from school allowance (and now from work lol), and it is mostly just rhythm games, started with taiko and then i gradually shifted to maimai, and recently chunithm

i definitely love rhythm games but man i wish i can go back to that early 2010s arcade and play shmups again there was just smth about the vibe thats very different and unique about it that i cant seem to find it elsewhere from my entertainment now

I was very very into Initial D Arcade Stage 3 from 2007 - 2016. I would've stayed competitive but every local arcade with the cabinet shut down. I haven't been able to find one since then, searched almost everywhere I could find in about a 65 mile radius. I like the recent versions too, but unfortunately, the newest ones I have found in my region are Stage 8 Infinite, with the card readers uninstalled.

I played Zero v1 and TheArcade (newest one) on my trips to Japan, and looove how they play, but again, I can't find any near me.

I also love Wangan, which I can find locally with card-reader access, but I prefer the gameplay and tech of Initial D. Other than that, I play a mean game of Ms.Pac-Man, and frequent the Taiko Machine if it is not crowded.

For a few years, I got my fill by speedrunning Street Stage, which is a faithful port of Stage 3, but its not the same.

Here is one of the last remaining videos I have from that era. This place also removed the functionality of the card readers from their Stage 3 machines, but I did my best with the stock cars. (crystalhearts!project was an Initial D Arcade team I was briefly apart of).

And here is a run of that same course I did on the PSP version, but 15 seconds faster.

I miss going to the arcades so much. The social atmosphere, laughing and cheering over the same games. I wish I had places like that to go to still (that were convenient).

I used to go to the arcade every day when I lived around the corner, I was mostly spending my time on Wangan Midnight grinding my tuning and stuff, such a fun game.

I also frequent the rhythm games, I like Dancerush Stardom the best. Look at how cool this is!

I used to go to the arcade every day when I lived around the corner, I was mostly spending my time on Wangan Midnight grinding my tuning and stuff, such a fun game.

I also frequent the rhythm games, I like Dancerush Stardom the best. Look at how cool this is!
Dancerush does look incredible. I saw it back when I was in Japan when the game literally just released. There were big lines for it. I'm too white and an untrained stick however to truly play the game tho --'

Sound Voltex is the coolest game ever made but I only end up playing it a couple times a year at conventions. Might buy a controller one day, maybe

Jubeat slams too

Also I was in a retro 80s ass arcade the other day and I think people don't talk enough about how good Tapper is

IIDX and SDVX gets the win for me!! I'm really sad the closest IIDX cab from my place got sold....

Back