Best concert memory?

flatbeek

Reaction score
Gold
Circular Avatar Frame
Pronouns
she/they
last night my sister and i went to new orleans to go see my favorite band ever (lawrence) live

i have so many videos and a few photos and loved the entire night it was so incredible

but after the show was over and we were getting ready to leave, a paper airplane hit my sister in the head and i caught it just out of instinct. someone shouted across the room "THAT'S THE SETLIST" and oh my god guys i got the setlist

// ignore how messy i look it was VERY hot in that venue lskdfkljsdf
IMG_8874 (1).jpg

alongside sharing that, it got me thinking about if anyone else had some really fun concert memories like that or just artists/bands that were INSANE live that you'll remember for like ever :)

Earlier this year (January I believe), I saw Gus Bonito, Kikuo, and Bo En live. I’ve only ever been to two concerts in my life (first was Gorillaz), but this one will probably be my favorite until I die, perhaps.

When I first started listening to Bo En’s music, it was during a veeeery specific and transformative period of my life, so his music holds a very special place in my heart. Gus and Kikuo were awesome, but I was really excited for Bo En’s set. Turns out, he played pretty much every song from his discography, plus some unreleased music, and I loved every second of it. Was legitimately on cloud 9 lol.

During his performance of Money Won’t Pay with Gus, both of them threw out their hats into the crowd and one of them landed directly into my hands (not sure who’s, I blinked and flinched lol, might’ve been Bo En’s). And to top it all off, I was lucky enough to get Bo En to sign my copy of Pale Machine. I was very, very lucky that night lol. Unforgettable experience to say the least.

Attachments

• IMG_5709.jpeg
    IMG_5709.jpeg
    186.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5710.jpeg
    IMG_5710.jpeg
    198.5 KB · Views: 0
I don't have any pictures of it because I was too far deep into the pit, but the Machine Girl gig in melbourne a few years ago was a night to remember.

Machine Girl is my favourite artist of all time, so seeing them live was a dream of mine. It was everything I wanted, i can't even remember much aside from the vibe of "violence and anger to the system". Been looking for another artist or event locally that can recapture the magic.

I saw Machine Girl open for 100 gecs last year & wasn't familiar with them at the time, but at one point the vocalist jumped down into the crowd, walked to the bar in the back and stood on top of the bar, never stopped singing the whole time. Left an impression, it was sick as fuck. Honestly I might've enjoyed their set more than gecs lol

I have a bunch of shit I can add to this thread but I'll save that til I have more time to type

last night my sister and i went to new orleans to go see my favorite band ever (lawrence) live

i have so many videos and a few photos and loved the entire night it was so incredible

but after the show was over and we were getting ready to leave, a paper airplane hit my sister in the head and i caught it just out of instinct. someone shouted across the room "THAT'S THE SETLIST" and oh my god guys i got the setlist

// ignore how messy i look it was VERY hot in that venue lskdfkljsdf
View attachment 1304

alongside sharing that, it got me thinking about if anyone else had some really fun concert memories like that or just artists/bands that were INSANE live that you'll remember for like ever :)
I love your nails!! Black is a great color, I've been meaning to get my nails redone but I've been so busy lately.

I don't go to too many concerts but I really want to go to more of them. In college I went to one for Odeza (electronic music group) and Sonic Symphony earlier this year (though I don't think that counts as a concert).

Back