Website
raccoon.pictures
Gold
Chronosentry
Dreamscape Purple
Lounge Access
Pronouns
he/they/she
i collect cds and have way 2 many at this point (still not enough). i wanna see what music y'all got, what's important about it, gimme the lore ...
i'll start by showing this off, a signed copy of Sensuous by Cornelius i found about a year ago at my local record store, Dearborn Music in Michigan. it's such a good album, it's crazy to me i was able to find this copy at a local place, even tho the sleeve itself is kinda beat up

sensuous.jpg

Reactions: ben
i am not a physical media person at all. i completely embrace that digital media can be here one second and gone the next. (not to say i don't have my regrets)
that said, i listened to ed harrison's neotokyo OST so many times over the years i decided to grab it on CDs when he brought em for a bit.

for those unaware, this was the OST for a half-life 2 mod, neotokyo, which was a counter-strike style mod heavily inspired by ghost in the shell, among other things. give it a listen, both albums are absolutely iconic.

shitty collage of the CD booklet and discs:
neotokyo.jpg

edit:
thread with a little bit more context for it and the mod:

worth mentioning that iirc there are still people playing the mod to this day. i played and did some mapmaking for a bit a few years ago (probably quite a few years ago now) and you'd get a good playable server full of people on fridays.

Last edited:
IMG-20240507-000027375.jpg

excuse the poor lighting, i have a humble little collection that i wanna get back to expanding. got few japanese editions of albums cause they usually have bonus tracks for some reason.

these are the only signed copies but ig it was a nice surprise to see that hologram was signed after i bought it from the hospital records shop!

honestly wish the flume cd was signed on the actual case instead of this little print hidden in the sleeve. i think it took me 6 months before i found it there

worth mentioning that iirc there are still people playing the mod to this day. i played and did some mapmaking for a bit a few years ago (probably quite a few years ago now) and you'd get a good playable server full of people on fridays.
i'm actually in a community made by ex-Valve employee Chet Faliszek for his game The Anacrusis! besides the game, he hosts community game nights every week, usually featuring old source mods. NeoTokyo has made an appearance a few times, and i've very much enjoyed my time playing it! neat to see it get mentioned here lol

Back