deskGen.net patch notes [deskGen 1.5]

image.png
Welcome to the next generation of deskGen.net.

deskGen.net 1.5 is now out. This features some pretty significant upgrades to the site's look and feel as we look to continue to grow and expand over the next few months. You'll see the beginnings of a new desktopGeneration™ design language for our community platform roll out here, including a new blurple accent color.

FULL CHANGELOG:

• Fixed a bug where various elements rendered as pure white in light mode.
  • Borders have been introduced to most elements on the site.
  • New hover states have been added to various navigation elements, such as individual forums & topics.
  • The 'like' icon has been redesigned.
  • Unread threads now have a new gradient indicator behind them.
  • Sticky threads are now indicated with an indentation.
  • The default user color is now synced to the sitewide accent color.
  • Anniversary 2024 items have been removed from sale.
  • Page navigation buttons have been redesigned.
  • Additional darkening & blur has been added to the background when overlay windows are open.
  • Accent colors have been unified sitewide & have been added to more items and areas.
This is a pretty hefty set of changes and by no means where this design effort ends. We'll have things to change & things we'll want to work on for a while down the road. There are especially still things I want to change in the shop in particular, but releasing this publicly as-is was necessary to keep things working a-ok on the default theme once I began digging into stuff that affected all themes. I think it's a pretty substantial upgrade, personally. I'll be adding the 1.0 theme as an unsupported extra theme though, so if you aren't so keen on change - never fear.

Feel free to create a thread in suggestions & support if you have any particularly pressing issues, though I'll be checking this thread as well for feedback.

- Andrew

Back