Suggestion Few ideas that I miss from ye olde times

friedrich

Reaction score
Gold
Sunrise Prism
Pronouns
any/all
As an avid forum user in the past I love what are You all are doing here!
Things off the top of my head that were cool in the old days:
  • shoutbox - who doesn't love shouting into the box along with other forum users? would probably require some moderation supervision but would be nice having a chat built into the forum
  • some more profile metrics - time spent on forums for example
  • trophies/achievements - gamify everything, would probably require some abuse/farming monitoring
Ofc these are only ideas, forum is already really cool as it is! <3

Thank you for the kind words!!

So for each of these:
1- Agree that this would be fun, though currently view the latest profile post section as an equivalent. It isn’t realtime, which is the only downside, but functionality is otherwise close at its core.

2- Full support of this. I’ll investigate what the backend allows eventually.

3- I fully support adding the equivalent of Halo 3 Recon to this site. Right now Gaus is working on some CoD 4 style medals to add for purchase in the shop, they’ll just show up on your profile/user summary (I believe on desktop only though). Additional ‘cheevos would be neat as long as the backend allows.

Thank you for the kind words!!

So for each of these:
1- Agree that this would be fun, though currently view the latest profile post section as an equivalent. It isn’t realtime, which is the only downside, but functionality is otherwise close at its core.

2- Full support of this. I’ll investigate what the backend allows eventually.

3- I fully support adding the equivalent of Halo 3 Recon to this site. Right now Gaus is working on some CoD 4 style medals to add for purchase in the shop, they’ll just show up on your profile/user summary (I believe on desktop only though). Additional ‘cheevos would be neat as long as the backend allows.
Oh hell yeah lemme cover my profile in medals

• shoutbox - who doesn't love shouting into the box along with other forum users? would probably require some moderation supervision but would be nice having a chat built into the forum
Bumping for this!! Having a live chat built into the forum would be great for getting to better know one another ^-^

Reactions: tee
Back