Hi! What's desktopGeneration's lore?

hunktwink123

Reaction score
Gold
Pronouns
he/him
Like how did the group get formed and how did you guys recruit each other idk
Have a nice day yall!

For my part, I had briefly met Andy through Sang before dG was formed and I got invited during its innitial formation. I said no at first because of anxiety but I ended up changing my mind in the middle of THREEBYTHREE's production (which was.. certainly an interesting time to join, lmao. We hadn't worked out the best way of managing production on big collections (for us) yet because it was our first one.)

These days when we get new members, the process is usually just someone in the internal comms going "wouldn't it be cool if we got [artist]?" and if there's a general agreement, we'll reach out to em. Sometimes we'll be on the lookout for someone with a specific skillset (for example, we were specifically looking for an illustrator when we invited Digi).

We hadn't worked out the best way of managing production on big collections (for us) yet because it was our first one.)
The second one nearly broke us, too! Excursion was the first dG collection that didn't make me seriously consider giving up during production. Whole lotta learning about how we all work together and the "team attitude" that works for us, which I think we've found a pretty great groove for anymore.
Note: (There were a few other elements that made Reminisce really hard on me, none of which relevant to any current member of dG.)

Anyways, picking up where I left off in that last post...

I had reserved the name "desktopGeneration" on Twitter/namecheap after reading the sentence "[...]this desktop generation[...]" in the opening of Metalheart 2. The name immediately stuck with me and I was originally thinking something along the lines of a public Discord server. I had no intentions of starting anything akin to a collective (let alone commercial!) because of the at-the-time very recent flame wars (that's what we used to call "the discourse", kids!!) over a group that no longer exists. I wanted nothing to do with the chaos surrounding all that and started to think on some ideas that were All But A Collective due to my deep burning desire to not be like the cool dudes who were already on the block.

Anyways, I figured all of this was a terrible idea until one day I discovered (the hard way) a certain little warning was correct and no, I should not have been drinking alcohol at all that day. I spent the rest of the day in limbo and texting all these terrible ideas to Cassie since I had nothing better to do. She argued "actually wait Andy these are great" and the rest is history. I decided that I'd handle the formation of the group while she handled recruitment - she had a lot of connections that I simply did not and was the more social part of our dynamic duo. Sangrakkor/Dean was the only OG member I knew personally aside from Cassie, though iirc I was the one who invited Cherry.

It went... incredibly well. Far better than I had ever imagined, actually, and that continues to this day. I wake up every day thankful and amazed that it's all real.

The second one nearly broke us, too! Excursion was the first dG collection that didn't make me seriously consider giving up during production. Whole lotta learning about how we all work together and the "team attitude" that works for us, which I think we've found a pretty great groove for anymore.
Note: (There were a few other elements that made Reminisce really hard on me, none of which relevant to any current member of dG.)

Anyways, picking up where I left off in that last post...

I had reserved the name "desktopGeneration" on Twitter/namecheap after reading the sentence "[...]this desktop generation[...]" in the opening of Metalheart 2. The name immediately stuck with me and I was originally thinking something along the lines of a public Discord server. I had no intentions of starting anything akin to a collective (let alone commercial!) because of the at-the-time very recent flame wars (that's what we used to call "the discourse", kids!!) over a group that no longer exists. I wanted nothing to do with the chaos surrounding all that and started to think on some ideas that were All But A Collective due to my deep burning desire to not be like the cool dudes who were already on the block.

Anyways, I figured all of this was a terrible idea until one day I discovered (the hard way) a certain little warning was correct and no, I should not have been drinking alcohol at all that day. I spent the rest of the day in limbo and texting all these terrible ideas to Cassie since I had nothing better to do. She argued "actually wait Andy these are great" and the rest is history. I decided that I'd handle the formation of the group while she handled recruitment - she had a lot of connections that I simply did not and was the more social part of our dynamic duo. Sangrakkor/Dean was the only OG member I knew personally aside from Cassie, though iirc I was the one who invited Cherry.

It went... incredibly well. Far better than I had ever imagined, actually, and that continues to this day. I wake up every day thankful and amazed that it's all real.
omg damn that's actually quite a wholesome lore. what year was it if you remembered?

wowww and i thought you guys were super like a well known established collective from 2017 or something 😭😭 yeah i think i saw you guys around that time, but i didn't know much about the collective until I follow sci and lucia scarlet. mainly because they also shitpost about windows concepts

wowww and i thought you guys were super like a well known established collective from 2017 or something 😭😭 yeah i think i saw you guys around that time, but i didn't know much about the collective until I follow sci and lucia scarlet. mainly because they also shitpost about windows concepts
It's weird to think about it tbh. We've accomplished a lot over the last few years - I've been at things solo since I was 13 in one shape/form. Spent a lot of time in the Windows beta community myself, it's been very funny to watch things go full circle with my old mutuals from there following Luci lol

Back