Gold
Executive Title
BIOFORGER
Profile Music
Lounge Access
Pronouns
he/him
News comin' in hot from a lot of (now former) Humble Games employees today:

Whole team just got laid off. 40 people suddenly without jobs, separate team from the main Humble Bundle crew, but also: still entirely owned by IGN's parent company. Published hit after hit after hit, now completely dead. No clue what happens to the games they've got currently signed that aren't released yet.

as a programmer looking to get into game design, i'm SO fucking tired of hearing about layoffs. while untrue, it almost feels like there won't be an industry left for me to join once i get out of college and have to start looking around for job opportunities -- like the only chance i'd have is to hit the jackpot as an indie. as nice as that would be, the world isn't making it any more accessible to do. my heart goes out to the Humble Games team and all of the other incredibly talented people getting slashed from their jobs because some rich old white man is sad that a bit of his money chart turned red instead of green.

currently looking for jobs and it's looking absolutely miserable lol. every job listing is for senior/lead/exec positions, or theyre for slot machine companies

Back