modern tech that you find somewhat cool?

inlinesix

Reaction score
Website
www.inlinesix.art
Gold
Grunglr Name
Abstraction
Profile Music
Pronouns
he/him
idk, for me nearly all modern tech products are just boring, expensive, fragile, built cheap, boring, annoying, always online, boring, slow and expensive. BUT however, every now and then I come across some things that get me interested and look different (and slightly interesting?).

some stuff I've found recently

1. Punkt MP02 - a budget phone that has a Design and isn't running android
1725866815170.png

2. LIT DUO 1 - cool looking modern lightmeter for photo/video nerds
1725867010178.png
3. Moondrop MIAD01 - cool budget(ish) DAC for audio nerds, essentially a modern android phone with good quality 3.5mm and 4.4mm audio outputs
1725867087239.png
4. Sony TX660 - small voice recorder thing, I have zero use for something like this but holy hell if the product design isn't amazing
1725867304961.png

1725869291036.png

I absolutely love the playdate. A very tactile little indie console, and the crank is more than a gimick. Extremely well made, and packed with fun and interesting games.

I wanna see more quirkly little things like this, but I understand why people don't bother, it's a big investment.

Fairphone has some great devices that are very nature-friendly and also very repairable and reusable. The only flaw is that they're only sold in EU regions (You can't buy them in the US).

1726013751697.png
The Dirtywave M8 looks phenomenal to my eyes. It's a small synth/sequencer/sampler thing that has an interface based on the legendary chiptune program LSDJ. If it weren't $600 I'd already own one, but dang does it look cool. It's even using Mechanical Keys!!

There's a ton of cool music gear with awesome design (Korg and Teenage Instruments have been on a tear lately) but I don't want to clutter up the thread with too much stuff so I'll leave it here for right now :)

View attachment 1135
The Dirtywave M8 looks phenomenal to my eyes. It's a small synth/sequencer/sampler thing that has an interface based on the legendary chiptune program LSDJ. If it weren't $600 I'd already own one, but dang does it look cool. It's even using Mechanical Keys!!

There's a ton of cool music gear with awesome design (Korg and Teenage Instruments have been on a tear lately) but I don't want to clutter up the thread with too much stuff so I'll leave it here for right now :)
oh I've wanted one of these for SO long, problem is I can never get my head wrapped around trackers haha, will need to learn some day.

oh I've wanted one of these for SO long, problem is I can never get my head wrapped around trackers haha, will need to learn some day.
LSDJ is the easiest tracker I've used, the gamepad interface works better with my brain than the keyboard based ones, but I can never finish music with it. I'm a dedicated DAW guy, even if I have a pretty decent collection of weird music tools on game consoles.

I'd try and get ahold of LSDJ even if it isn't on real hardware (You can get the ROM for a small donation at littlesounddj.com and just run it on whatever). I've used it on PSP a bunch, and it seems to work well on Delta on my phone too.

I find Nothing Tech's lineup really aesthetically pleasing (sucker for transparent electronics)
i can't lie, i'm a fan of nothing's "CMF" brand

1726023413341.png1726023425695.png
CMF_Product_Group_Shot_33609486-ecb9-45ef-9053-0f631c02694f.jpg

Back