Website
11spades.net
Gold
Lounge Access
Ocean Splash
BIOFORGER
Sky Glow
Clear Sky

This was originally just a project to keep me occupied over a weeklong break, but I've decided to pick it up again for the summer. I'm currently working on making the track generator produce more interesting courses and refactoring the codebase. Usually I'm not as messy as I have been with this, but for whatever reason, my Godot flow looks like this:
  1. Find problem
  2. Stare at screen for 30 minutes
  3. Black out
  4. Come to with 100 lines of completely undocumented, utterly unreadable, inexplicably effective code
  5. Repeat
Obviously there's still more polish needed beyond that; I'm not entirely happy with how the ball feels, how often the particle trail emits particles, how often they decay, camera orbit motion, etc., but I'm very happy to have made this as a minimum-playable thing. While I work on tuning all of that, a friend of mine has agreed to make mockups for the buttons/menus/transition screens/etc., so things should come together fairly quickly. I'm probably going to keep the current look on a broad scale because I think the minimalist vibe kinda fits the gameplay.

This was originally just a project to keep me occupied over a weeklong break, but I've decided to pick it up again for the summer. I'm currently working on making the track generator produce more interesting courses and refactoring the codebase. Usually I'm not as messy as I have been with this, but for whatever reason, my Godot flow looks like this:
  1. Find problem
  2. Stare at screen for 30 minutes
  3. Black out
  4. Come to with 100 lines of completely undocumented, utterly unreadable, inexplicably effective code
  5. Repeat
Obviously there's still more polish needed beyond that; I'm not entirely happy with how the ball feels, how often the particle trail emits particles, how often they decay, camera orbit motion, etc., but I'm very happy to have made this as a minimum-playable thing. While I work on tuning all of that, a friend of mine has agreed to make mockups for the buttons/menus/transition screens/etc., so things should come together fairly quickly. I'm probably going to keep the current look on a broad scale because I think the minimalist vibe kinda fits the gameplay.
I love a good mini golf game on my phone!

Today I managed to fix the camera orbit -- now it's properly pinned to the ball. Previously, if you were to spam the rotation buttons, the camera angle would fly upward, which was a bit awkward. I kind-of miss some of the feel that the floatier camera had, though, so I might add some quake-esque tilt while the camera is orbiting

Back