slaid

Reaction score
Website
slaid.neocities.org
Gold
Glowing Username (Anniversary)
Pronouns
he/him
very amateur to these aesthetics and wanted to do them a bit of justice, but I'm working on some limited knowledge :)! any feedback is appreciated!!
i tried to go for an early 2000's vibe with some of them, but also wanted to go a vibrant and more modernist feel on others.

made in cinema4d, illustrator, and photoshop.

Attachments

• throughoutheavenandearth.jpg
    throughoutheavenandearth.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 23
  • metalflourish.jpg
    metalflourish.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 19
  • mechadiffusion.jpg
    mechadiffusion.jpg
    911.2 KB · Views: 20
  • a moment of peace.jpg
    a moment of peace.jpg
    551.2 KB · Views: 22
Looking like a great start to the style! I like how you layered more shapes into the form on the moment of peace one.

Something to start to explore could be more contrast in some of the designs! Mechadiffusion has a bit with the blacks in the form contrasting the white text, though the other three are pretty low contrast. More values/shadows & highlights could def help. I do mine a lot with Levels or Curves adjustment layers!

very amateur to these aesthetics and wanted to do them a bit of justice, but I'm working on some limited knowledge :)! any feedback is appreciated!!
i tried to go for an early 2000's vibe with some of them, but also wanted to go a vibrant and more modernist feel on others.

made in cinema4d, illustrator, and photoshop.
That looks awesome, especially from what knowledge you know. Keep up the good work!

Looking like a great start to the style! I like how you layered more shapes into the form on the moment of peace one.

Something to start to explore could be more contrast in some of the designs! Mechadiffusion has a bit with the blacks in the form contrasting the white text, though the other three are pretty low contrast. More values/shadows & highlights could def help. I do mine a lot with Levels or Curves adjustment layers!
took some heavily inspiration and messed around with contrast a little bit more...I think contrast is definitely a big thing that I've completely missed so thank you for mentioning it!! I'm still figuring out this whole thing out, bought Cody Vondell's metalheart asset pack in order to learn how to make metalheart assets for myself and used his in this work
1721673881727.jpeg

Good work, If you want to nail the 2000s look and feel i think utilising maximum negative space with concertrated focal points will really enhance your pieces

Good work, If you want to nail the 2000s look and feel i think utilising maximum negative space with concertrated focal points will really enhance your pieces
big words to hear from someone who has some really amazing works, I took what you said and tried to make this one here...not sure if my style is the 2000's look or if it's something new I just haven't figured out yet.
a glimpse of reality.jpg\
Mechabloom is a bit older (few days old) and was another try at contrast. I like it but the colors get too weird near the middle
mechabloom2.jpg

big words to hear from someone who has some really amazing works, I took what you said and tried to make this one here...not sure if my style is the 2000's look or if it's something new I just haven't figured out yet.
View attachment 955\
Mechabloom is a bit older (few days old) and was another try at contrast. I like it but the colors get too weird near the middle
View attachment 954
phaw these are some epic artworks

took some heavily inspiration and messed around with contrast a little bit more...I think contrast is definitely a big thing that I've completely missed so thank you for mentioning it!! I'm still figuring out this whole thing out, bought Cody Vondell's metalheart asset pack in order to learn how to make metalheart assets for myself and used his in this work
View attachment 941
yooo!!! this is looking great!!! contrast & range on the forms is solid, and you're def getting a focal point with the hilights directing the eye towards the one spot. keep it up!

using assets is a great way to learn - i first learned Photoshop & After Effects by opening up other people's project files. it helped me figure out the process & buildout so much more than just watching tutorials.

phaw these are some epic artworks
yooo!!! this is looking great!!! contrast & range on the forms is solid, and you're def getting a focal point with the hilights directing the eye towards the one spot. keep it up!

using assets is a great way to learn - i first learned Photoshop & After Effects by opening up other people's project files. it helped me figure out the process & buildout so much more than just watching tutorials.
thank you both!! i took a break from metalheart due to some family issues but i'm back trying to find the style. wanted to go with a more simplistic look but wanted to have fun with clipping masks and wireframe. thought this was a neat study even if it's not as polished as the others :)!1724355406275.jpeg

the wireframe effect makes me feel this is some crazy architecture you could find in those futuristic city projects!
thank you very much! i think the futuristic feel is what i'm trying to go for now. here's a piece I made a while ago that tried to focus on focal points, colors, and flair. feedback is well appreciated but I thought this was my best work so far
1724636784908.jpeg

Back