Reaction score
Website
slaid.neocities.org
Gold
Glowing Username (Anniversary)
Pronouns
he/him
1723142491046.png
recently I was doing my recommendation queues for steam at like 3AM and found a game called nine sols. it only came out in may of this year and is described as a "lore-rich, hand-drawn 2D action platformer featuring Sekiro deflection combat".

anyways, as a big fan of 2D action platformers (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and Metroid Zero Mission are some of my favorite games ever) and a big fan of Sekiro combat (Sekiro is in my top 5 games of all time) I decided to give the game a solid chance and it's ended up to be my FAVORITE indie game of all time.

without overbloating the game too much with compliments, the game is obviously inspired by Hollow Knight and Sekiro as its biggest inspirations, but it works with these inspirations with very good handling as the game still feels like its own identity despite its obvious inspirations. the vibe, story, and setting are based around "taopunk," in which the devs remark as a combination of Taoism and Cyberpunk. the gameplay is satisfying and awesome and ends up being my favorite part of the game, where each boss fight and enemy feels unique to fight and has their own strategy to them. the music is lovely and kicks in at just the right emotional moments.

the biggest compliment I can give this game is that I cried at the ending. the only other game to make me cry is MOTHER 3, which is my favorite game of all time. highly recommend anyone try out this game, especially if you love action platformers or sekiro. one of the most fun and intriguing games I've ever played in my life.

long live indie games​

Last edited:
Back