Gold
Glowing Username (Anniversary)
Cyber Moonrise
Lounge Access
Ocean Splash
Rounded Rectangle Frame
Pronouns
they/them
no, really. all the casting is on point, they actually built some great looking sets and, most importantly, they're completely sincere with everything

it's been a long time since i read the manga (and i coincidentally stopped exactly where the show ends) so i can't comment on what they cut/added, but nothing was glaringly wrong. and it made me want to give reading it another shot, so they've knocked it out of the park there

praying this gets another season (and that it stays good if it does)

Last edited:
Stayed away from watching One Piece myself for the longest time because of it's length alone but if the show is as good as people say it is AND is accurate to the anime/manga, I can give it a shot ig.

I thought I would have problems with it not being a 1 to 1 adaptation, but on the contrary, this just felt like the story was being told by another person. Same themes, same great characters, just with the events a little bit to the left. Great stuff!

no, really. all the casting is on point, they actually built some great looking sets and, most importantly, they're completely sincere with everything

it's been a long time since i read the manga (and i coincidentally stopped exactly where the show ends) so i can't comment on what they cut/added, but nothing was glaringly wrong. and it made me want to give reading it another shot, so they've knocked it out of the park there

praying this gets another season (and that it stays good if it does)
SPOILERS BELOW IF YOU HAVENT WATCHED THE SHOW

100% agree. It probably the best live action anime adaptation so far (I'm relieved that this wasn't another Cowboy Bebop situation). Sure, it has some quirks, but a couple of things for me:

-I love how they immediately start building up Baroque Works in the first episode, it makes the world building feel unique compared to the anime/Manga when concepts are teased so early
-Casting is solid, especially Luffy Nami and Usopp stand out to me.
-CGI is a bit jarring, but better than I was expecting

I'm excited how they will adapt Drum Island/Alabasta arcs in the second season.

Back