Gold
Executive Title
Cyberworks Volume 2 - Style 1
Profile Music
Lounge Access
Pronouns
he/him
A thread to talk about controllers.

Tonight I can’t find the cord to my DualShock 3, which apparently doesn’t use micro USB like I remembered it using. No, that would be normal. It’s mini USB.

So I guess it’s time for me to scour the house one more time for something somewhere that will fit this thing.

the DS3 is just the DS2 but cheaper feeling

But at least its cable is a little less arcane

my favourite Controller is the 2008 album of the same name by Misery Signals produced by Devin Townsend

but second place is probably the DS4/5. they're similar enough that I count both but the 4 feels slightly better in my hands for reasons i can't really describe. probably just used it way more.

It might be the cheapest feeling first party controller I’ve ever held.
straight up feels like a child's toy

A thread to talk about controllers.

Tonight I can’t find the cord to my DualShock 3, which apparently doesn’t use micro USB like I remembered it using. No, that would be normal. It’s mini USB.

So I guess it’s time for me to scour the house one more time for something somewhere that will fit this thing.
One time i wasn't able to geolocate that damn cable in my whole damn house so i used one of the tiny ass canon camera cables. I swear my fingers could touch the console while i was playing and i totally felt like i was sitting in the front row of a cinema.
11/10 experience would ahppily do it again.

Sometimes I think about Dualshock 1-2-3 and how Sony thought that shape for a controller was good and kept it for 3 generations and 15 years. It's horrible, triggers on DS3 are even more horrible. It's so horrible that Gran Turismo 5 and 6 kept using PS2 layout for acceleration and braking (X and Square)

I exclusively use DS3 controllers, I even have a steam controller I have no idea what I should use for.

For some reason my Switch Pro Controller doesn't work by cable on my new pc, but on my old pc it does. All I can think off is some weird Intel vs AMD issue. Trough Bluetooth and Steam Input it works perfect tho. I changed the shell and buttons and it's so good now! I'm thinking of making faceplate stickers for it too!

IMG_20230715_153211.jpg

the DS3 is just the DS2 but cheaper feeling

But at least its cable is a little less arcane
Dont really understand why everyone shits on the DS3 so much. I've used it for years and I honestly prefer it to the 360 controller

The Xbox One Controller on the other hand, good lord...

No words can begin to describe how much pain it brings me...

It’s all really about build quality for me. It just feels so incredibly cheap in the hands whereas its predecessors do not.

Agree to disagree on the XB1 controller tho, I don’t like it as much as the 360 (or better yet, the slim controller for the original Xbox) but it feels so well made, especially after the 1S revision.

I probably just never noticed it tbh. Coming from the PS2 to PS3 its just the same but w extra weight which I like. From DS3 to the DS4 is where we have problems again. That actually feels like a kids toy, esp when I go to my cousins house and see his busted up one when it was just a month old.
The DS5 is ehh, the same conforms more to my hands but it feels- overengineered in a sense to me. Plus that price isn't really helping it's cause.

feel like you're living in another timeline from me b/c my ds4 feels like a real controller and my ds3 feels like a hollow shell lol

feel like you're living in another timeline from me b/c my ds4 feels like a real controller and my ds3 feels like a hollow shell lol
Nah this is totally facts. I was using a DS3 forever then bought an aftermarket DS4 and my gameplay got infinitely better. Look good feel good play good.

It's so funny that most shooters on the PS3 use L1/R1 for aim/fire because the "triggers" feel so bad. And by funny I mean sad
The main issue with the ds3 triggers is that your finger slides off the bottom really easily

if the ps3 pad had;
- concave sticks
- a built-in wire/wire clipper
- ps4/5-esque triggers
itd be 100% perfect for me
because i already prefer the layout, the d-pad is great for fighting games, and i love the face buttons with shapes as icons
im still using mine for nearly a decade now and it's great to use on PC with steam and emulation
don't know what ill switch to when it eventually wears out
also i really love the transparency they used to have for controllers, its gotta come back

Back