What is your computer's specs?

Motherboard: MSI B650 GAMING PLUS WIFI AM5
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
GPU: GIGABYTE AMD Radeon 7800 XT
RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5 @ 6000Mhz
SSD: WD Black SN850X M.2 @ 2TB & some Intel turd @ 256GB
HDD: WD Ultrastar @ 8TB / 7200 RPM (loud as fuck)
Case: Meshify 2 Compact

Last edited:
Motherboard: ASUS STRIX B550-A (Whoops, cant OC my CPU because A series chipset...:embarrassed:)
CPU: Ryzen 9 5950 X
GPU: GIGABYTE AERO 4080 OC 16GB
RAM: 128GB (4x32GB) DDR @ 3600Mhz
SSD: WD_BLACK SN750 1TB + WD_BLACK SN770 2TB
CASE: PHANTEKS Evolv X White (quite possibly the best looking case I've ever seen)

lenovo thinkpad t15g gen1 (2021) !!!
windows 11 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cpu: intel core i9-10885H @ 2.4ghz with turbo disabled cuz it runs at 99 degrees with it on and it Has melted itself !!!!!! i've had to get the motherboard replaced twice
ram: 32gb !!!!
gpu: RTX 2080 SUPER with Max-Q Design 4gb !!!!!
storage: 2x1tb SSD !!!!!
display: 3840x2160 Color=Calibrated 15 Inch DISPLAY PANEL !!!!!

cpu: ryzen 5 3600
32gb of ram
gpu: gtx 750 ti
1tb ssd
5tb hdd

gonna have to buy another drive soonish tho..... god gave me the data hoarder autism help1716933655471.png

Motherboard: B450M PRO-VDH PLUS (MS-7A38), it's small but all i could afford at the time
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-core
32gb ram
GPU: RTX 3070
Storage: 1tb SSD, 2tb HDD, 1tb external SSD, 5tb external SSD. I really need more storage!
Display: 1x1920x1080 curved monitor, 1x1920x1080 regular monitor

I also have a Steam Deck lol

Been meaning to upgrade or replace my main rig for a while now but that's........ really expensive

My main PC build has these specs:

Motherboard: TUF Gaming X570 Wifi Plus
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
GPU: ASUS RTX 2060
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 @ 3200Mhz ( Goes down to 2100 Mhz a lot of the time :/ )
SSD: WD Black SN750 NVMe M.2 @ 1TB
HDD: External Seagate HDD with 5 TB storage
Case: Fractal Display

I also have an old Thinkpad I use for document writing/basic web stuff when I'm out on the town.

I'm currently running a custom desktop that I primarily built for Blender and gaming back in 2021. While it wasn't the ideal time to build, I was able to scrounge together some decent parts, including a used GTX 980. I actually have an old build video here that goes over a bunch of it in more detail.

This spring I got tired of trying to cram all my textures into 4gb of Vram, so I broke down and bought a GTX Titan. While it doesn't have any of the cool raytracing or encoding features on the RTX cards, it is super powerful and can take tons of texture data with its 12gb of Vram. Right now I'd say it's probably the biggest bang for the buck used GPU for content creation, since its usually around $200.

Current full specs are:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: GTX Titan XP
MOBO: Asrock B450 Steel Legend
RAM: 16GB Oloy Warhawk (2x8 sticks)
SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo
HDD: 2TB WD Blue
PSU: EVGA 600BR
CASE: Phanteks P360

I'm also running a cheap firewire card that allows me to connect a Presonus Firebox for my primary audio driver. it's fine, the interface has a lot of I/O, but stutters a lot and sometimes doesn't connect on boot. The mic preamps are also really quiet, I wish I hadn't sold my Scarlett 2i2!

Right now I'm pretty happy with my whole setup minus the audio interface, I probably won't change anything for a while, unless another Titan falls into my hands!

I'm currently running a custom desktop that I primarily built for Blender and gaming back in 2021. While it wasn't the ideal time to build, I was able to scrounge together some decent parts, including a used GTX 980. I actually have an old build video here that goes over a bunch of it in more detail.

This spring I got tired of trying to cram all my textures into 4gb of Vram, so I broke down and bought a GTX Titan. While it doesn't have any of the cool raytracing or encoding features on the RTX cards, it is super powerful and can take tons of texture data with its 12gb of Vram. Right now I'd say it's probably the biggest bang for the buck used GPU for content creation, since its usually around $200.

Current full specs are:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: GTX Titan XP
MOBO: Asrock B450 Steel Legend
RAM: 16GB Oloy Warhawk (2x8 sticks)
SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo
HDD: 2TB WD Blue
PSU: EVGA 600BR
CASE: Phanteks P360

I'm also running a cheap firewire card that allows me to connect a Presonus Firebox for my primary audio driver. it's fine, the interface has a lot of I/O, but stutters a lot and sometimes doesn't connect on boot. The mic preamps are also really quiet, I wish I hadn't sold my Scarlett 2i2!

Right now I'm pretty happy with my whole setup minus the audio interface, I probably won't change anything for a while, unless another Titan falls into my hands!
Sounds like a really solid build, what do you use the extra VRAM horsepower for? Do you develop models for games in Blender or maybe something else?

Sounds like a really solid build, what do you use the extra VRAM horsepower for? Do you develop models for games in Blender or maybe something else?
I have done that a few times, but most of the time I run into issues it's just extremely large PBR or photoscan scenes for various video projects. Here's an example from a video I was working on this January:
0627.jpg

it's just a lot of texture and geometry data. I could have optimized it a lot more and it wouldn't have mattered, but I was under a time crunch to get this video finished before classes started up again (that's part of the reason it's so messy, I just needed some sort of background for this outro shot, and rocks did the trick lol).

This space station render also ate my vram because of all the volumetrics, I think the animated version took a week to render or something for only 500 frames lol. This one is from 2021 or 2022, I still really like how it turned out. All CPU rendering since I didn't have the Titan at that point.
Beegresize.jpeg

Back