What is your favorite "Living like that sounds really cool" fantasy?

GamerTower

Reaction score
Gold
Lounge Access
What I mean is more specific than "i like medieval stuff", is stuff like "Damn being a sorcerer in a medieval setting sounds cool" or "Being a cowboy in a wild west setting sounds cool" or "Being a space traveler in a sci-fi setting sounds cool", stuff like that.

I guess my ultimate fantasy is kinda doable? I've dreamed of having a self-sufficient log cabin since I was like, 12. Having a nice hot fire going while I look out past my rich mahogany to see a gentle snowfall has been the dream since forever ago.

If we get into more like, far-less-realistic fantasy, living on Besaid Island from Final Fantasy X is my second dream. Polygon count included and unchanged.

When I first saw this thread, I was thinking of how I could answer and felt like I couldn’t come up with much. Ended up writing much more than I thought I would lol. This is a fun question.

If we’re talking unrealistic fantasies, I’ve always had a fascination with space since I was a kid. I know looking at the stars can instill this “I feel so small” kinda feeling into a lot of people, but looking at the night sky has always, ironically, made me feel more grounded for some reason lol. Even if it’s just one or two little pinpoint dots in the sky, given all the light pollution where I live (I’d love to see a clear night sky someday). So, I think a sci-fi space adventure sounds really cool… I think just seeing the sights alone would be worth it :)

(Quick addendum: Was just about to hit send on my reply but, living in the Hyrule from BOTW is probably actually a very close 2nd. Where I live is very, very boring in climate and geography. Hot at shit. Flat as hell. Short grass. A suburban hell too, not a lot of nature to immerse yourself with. As a kid, I never had much interest in going outside (lol), but playing BOTW kinda tapped into this childish desire of mine to want to just go out and be a part of nature, I guess. One of my favorite things to do in that game is just pause for a bit and listen to the ambient sounds. Akkala is probably my favorite region, I’d love to just lay in the grass and take a nap in that game’s world)

Honestly, No Mans Sky seems like a legit dream of a universe to live in. You get to explore a seemingly endless galaxy, discovering life some may have never thought was possible. The people you meet are fairly kind, only on occasions do you risk meeting things like pirates. The other Travelers you meet with you can safely call friend, we're all here for the same purpose, to Discover and to Live. It's such a wonderful and calming game, even when combat happens. It forever remains as one of my top 10 game/fantasy universes to want to live within.

i'll probably be using the wrong term(s) here, but i love the vision of ecopunk/ecotech. complex, grungy cybernetics & machines that are powered entirely by natural processes. the key environment that comes into my head is the Steam Gardens from Mario Odyssey. i love large-scale structures and the industrial vibe big time, but mixing in components of nature is the cherry on top. light green & white is also a color combo i really enjoy, like my favorite of dark blue and gold. if i had the power, i'd try to reflect this better in blender or something lol

What I mean is more specific than "i like medieval stuff", is stuff like "Damn being a sorcerer in a medieval setting sounds cool" or "Being a cowboy in a wild west setting sounds cool" or "Being a space traveler in a sci-fi setting sounds cool", stuff like that.
I would love to be an alchemist in or after the middle ages, in search of the mystical Philosopher's Stone. Not only am I a scientist that would, as a direct result, lead into chemistry, but just the aesthetic of me and a bunch of other alchemists working together, sending encrypted coded messages to find this mystical magnum opus of science sounds awesome. I wish I could find more shows or books that are in this time period about this topic.

I would love to be an alchemist in or after the middle ages, in search of the mystical Philosopher's Stone. Not only am I a scientist that would, as a direct result, lead into chemistry, but just the aesthetic of me and a bunch of other alchemists working together, sending encrypted coded messages to find this mystical magnum opus of science sounds awesome. I wish I could find more shows or books that are in this time period about this topic.
The Blackthorn Key is my favorite book on this exact subject. i think they're more tailored for kids/young adults, and i honestly don't remember much at all about the story, but it's a six(?)-book series about a boy raised as an apothecary's apprentice trying to decipher the mystery behind how his master died. it's what made me fall in love with alchemy symbols, puzzles, etc. if i didn't say ecotech i would have absolutely said this too lol

The Blackthorn Key is my favorite book on this exact subject. i think they're more tailored for kids/young adults, and i honestly don't remember much at all about the story, but it's a six(?)-book series about a boy raised as an apothecary's apprentice trying to decipher the mystery behind how his master died. it's what made me fall in love with alchemy symbols, puzzles, etc. if i didn't say ecotech i would have absolutely said this too lol
I am super happy to say that so far this series looks to be exactly what I'm after and couldn't find. Everything you have described along with reading the sample has made me super hype to read this series. Thank you much for telling me about it!!

For me I'd love to be a witch in the woods. I've been casually playing Wreck This Deck and roleplaying a 'deckrunner' every so often, going outside and doing rituals in nature. It's very fun and I wanna get myself a witch had and some robes lol just going frolicking in the forest

If we are talking about a fantasy setting, I've always been dreaming about living in Cyrodiil. Specifically Skingrad County, to the north of the Gold Road, where these huge sequoias growing. I remember playing Oblivion the first year I got my PC, and this little place was always my favorite. I don't mind fighting rats, goblins, and trolls from time to time. A little cabin with a garden would be pretty nice.

But any other place in Cyrodiil will do. I'd have an extra house in Bruma or Chorrol to get socialized and have some rest from the gardening and rat killing.

I want to be a Bug type gym leader in the world of Pokemon. I really love bugs; they are my favorite thing in all of nature. Spiders especially- I have a strong connection with them and they basically feel like family to me. The idea of having a bunch of giant, affectionate, magical bugs that can be pet and hugged and even used as a steed in some cases is delightful beyond comapre to me. I'm replacing you, Burgh. I'm the Bug type gym leader+artist now.

Last edited:
Back