What's some good books to check out?

I've been in sort of a newspaper comic mood lately so I've been reading a lot of comic collections of Calvin and Hobbes and The Far Side. Absolute gems. I've also inherited some Bloom County ones that I like a lot, but some of the humor is very centered around '80s politics so it goes over my head a lot of the time. Would recommend all three though if they interest you

If comics/manga are on the table, I highly reccomend Dr Stone, a very light-hearted, good-feeling manga about "Yeah! Science, bitch!"

I've been in sort of a newspaper comic mood lately so I've been reading a lot of comic collections of Calvin and Hobbes and The Far Side. Absolute gems. I've also inherited some Bloom County ones that I like a lot, but some of the humor is very centered around '80s politics so it goes over my head a lot of the time. Would recommend all three though if they interest you
God i love love Calvin and Hobbes I've got 2 books just full of comic panels of them

Been making my way through Ursula K. Le Guin's Earthsea novels. If you love fantasy fiction and don't love wading through Tolkien-esque descriptions and fluff, then you'll probably like them.

In terms of fiction, I've really enjoyed The Way of Kings (and sequels) by Brandon Sanderson. It evokes the same feelings that The Inheritance Cycle did when I was first reading it as a kid. The Discworld series is also fucking amazing.

Both Impro by Johnstone and Thinking, Fast and Slow are great books to read on the non-fiction front.

Back