who plays MMOs

the guy

Reaction score
Gold
An Unpleasant Gradient
Lounge Access
Pronouns
he/him
I really like ffxiv (obviously it's only the most popular one) but I've been playing Guild Wars 2 lately it's fun. Anyone else got any cool MMOs they wanna talk about?

what is this "ffxiv" thing
the funny final fantasy 14 game with free trial up to level 60 which includes award winning expansion Heavensward copypasta, other than that it's a pretty standard WoW style except it has a linear main story you can follow and has heavy focus on not needing a guide to figure out content

the funny final fantasy 14 game with free trial up to level 60 which includes award winning expansion Heavensward copypasta, other than that it's a pretty standard WoW style except it has a linear main story you can follow and has heavy focus on not needing a guide to figure out content
Do you mean the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV with an expanded free trial that includes the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award-winning HEAVENSWARD and STORMBLOOD expansions up to level 70 for free with no restrictions on playtime? Now available on XBOX series X & S!

FFXIV is fun but I can never get a consistent sub going ;w;
Been trying to get back into mabinogi though its chill

Yeah I've been pretty inconsistent with it after beating Endwalker but I know for a fact I'm playing the shit out of Dawntrail when it comes out. Besides FF I've been interested in Blue Protocol though it's only out in Japan rn.

Blue Protocol looks awesome. Could have sworn I saw an English ad for it the other day on Twitter so they might be getting ready to bring it west

Yeah they said they were bringing it next year though I did sign up for the beta

PSO2, specifically PSO2 Classic, NOT New Genesis. Probably the best Action MMO that SEGA is letting gather dust because they're trying to turn their current sinking ship around with little success.

*thread resurrection spell*

Imma need all the FFXIV players to stand up. I'm so ready for the fanfest announcements this weekend!

The temptation of resubbing grows stronger on the regular but thankfully I've been spending my spare gaming time on the original Phantasy Star Online instead lol

Didn't know fanfest was coming up tho, that should be cool

That's really cool! I bounced off PSO when I tried it on a GameCube emulator a few years ago. Probably because I was playing solo and offline lol. I really want to like it though, the aesthetic and art direction are top notch.

i gotta start playin FF14
I made an account and got it all downloaded I just aint find the time and mood to sit down and play it.

Only ever hear good things about it, haven't sunk my teeth into a good MMO in a loooooooong time. Back in highschool I would obsess over a new MMO every 3-4 months, now? Not so much. I honestly think Destiny 2 killed the vibe for me after I grinded too hard (was pulling 5 hour play sessions A DAY. Not healthy)

I made an account and got it all downloaded I just aint find the time and mood to sit down and play it.

Only ever hear good things about it, haven't sunk my teeth into a good MMO in a loooooooong time. Back in highschool I would obsess over a new MMO every 3-4 months, now? Not so much. I honestly think Destiny 2 killed the vibe for me after I grinded too hard (was pulling 5 hour play sessions A DAY. Not healthy)
I've got a dormant account just collecting dust rn, waiting for Destiny's next dlc to drop so I can leave the game and focus on other stuff

It's genuinely one of the best narratives I've experienced in fiction. Granted, it takes a while to get there, but once it does it is just a spectacular ride. And there really isn't another game that feels like it. It's hard to explain if you haven't played it, but it really does feel like it's own unique thing. Like how bosses are more like coordinated dances and how there is a big focus on social aspects (like in-game parties you can attend with linked Twitch channels for you to watch the DJ actually perform while you /dance at the persons in-game house lol).

While the past 10 years have been devoted to telling one overarching narrative, the next expansion, Dawntrail, is kind of a fresh start for the writers to begin something new. So I'm super pumped to see where they take the story. We should be getting a release date for it this Saturday!

Back