Gold
Sky Glow
A Kaybug Krossover!
Clear Sky
Profile Music
Pronouns
She/Her
images

I recently took a dive into my local bookstore for what felt like the first time in forever, and I saw a spine in the manga section that just said "GENDER". It was eye-catching enough that I picked it up and saw the full title; X-Gender. It's an autobiographical manga by Asuka Miyazaki and their experiences as an "X-Gender", a form of non-binary. It's super relatable as a gender non-conforming person myself, and it's pretty recent too (Volume 2, which I picked up today, touches on the COVID lockdowns and struggles).
b55aa37433459cf86d8c467204452e09b60b70c9.jpg

I do have to make note that this manga touches on themes that are 18+, such as sex, the naked body, and all that goes along with it, but if you're someone who's old enough and gender non-conforming (or interested in that side of things! Asuka-san takes the time to explain concepts like the LGBTQ+ community and such from a Japanese perspective, so it's very friendly for people who know nothing about it) I highly highly recommend this manga. I've only finished the first volume, and am starting the 2nd, but they're very interesting and friendly reads that I'm surprised I never heard of sooner. The art style is nice too, I should mention.
767adf9a5675aabcd0d33da121936523292af303.png

Has anyone else here read it? Anyone interested in reading it? Lemme know your thoughts!

Back