linktr.ee
Gold
Sky Glow
A Kaybug Krossover!
Clear Sky
Profile Music
Pronouns
She/Her
As the title suggests, I'm lookin for people's tips, tricks, and advice for making a car just that little bit nicer on a budget.

I'm talking stuff like seat covers, a bottle of water in the back (just in case), wipes, anything.

bonus points: What's the one thing you'll always get for a car, no matter what?

Trunk nets. 100% the greatest gain in benefit for the least amount of money spent on a car.

Aside from that - cupholder based phone mount + an aux cord is my only other must have.

Apart from the classics (vent phone holder, usb charger, aux cord) i'd say you could get a cargo liner for your trunk; makes it easy to clean and you won't worry if your groceries spill. Pair that with some essential bungee cords, it's always needed at some point.
However I run my car pretty much stock, nothing can beat a good clean to make it shine again!

Unless your steering wheel/seats are in poor condition, I would avoid using seat covers/steering wheel covers. They feel/look a bit cheap and tacky.

One of my personal favorite things to do is floor mats. Not the chunky, rubber WeatherTech kind (unless you track a lot of dirt into your vehicle, therefore maybe this would be better..)! I moreso mean colored/patterned mats. I run grey checkered mats in my car from JoyBreak, but companies like P2M have more variants and sizes available, or GarageMoonPower if you want even more patterns to pick from! Some vehicles also had nice floor mats as an optional accessory you could've purchased from factory, which leads to my next point.

I like seeing what special options my car could've come with from the factory, and hunting some of those pieces down to turn my car into the ultimate OEM+ build. Maybe see what options were available for your car? Could be a fun way to learn more, and get some interesting pieces for your interior. Maybe there is a forum thread out there on it!

Other small things: Broadway Clip-On mirror is popular amongst tuners, helps widen the view of your rear-view mirror. First Aid Kit, a lot of people don't have this on them for some reason. Aux Cord of course. And speaker upgrades, a lot of shops can offer this service and to me, is always the most bang-for-your-buck upgrade. No need to add a subwoofer or anything, just some simple modern speakers will do the job.

Awesome suggestions so far y'all, getting my shopping list in order!

Unless your steering wheel/seats are in poor condition, I would avoid using seat covers/steering wheel covers. They feel/look a bit cheap and tacky.
The seats are in quite the state right now lol, I wanna get seat covers to protect them from more damage. Planning to get the seats fixed up (or even replaced) eventually, but even though I haven't look up the prices, I'm sure it's out of my budget for now haha

Back