How much Skyrim-Pilled are you all?

Reaction score
Gold
Pronouns
He/Him
Recently I've been playing a lot of the Witcher 3 (great excellent game, literally burning through it at the speed of light) but man I miss Skyrim.
I miss the game mechanics a lot, the combat was pretty chill, like not flamboyant at all but i liked all the different styles you could have. Literally the Crossbow in the Witcher is damn useless. I miss me archers weak builds.
AND THE INTERFACE AND MENUs WERE JUST PERFECT! CANNOT EMPHASIZE HOW GOOD THEY ARE BOTH for CONSOLE or PC.
And the minimaps/HUD in skyrim are like mile over any other game i think. Literally best set up for an exploration focused game. Maybe NMS has something similar but man i get so lost on the Minimap in the Witcher!
Like.. I get it, different games, different things, but man, i miss this old bugged mess of a game.
Is it normal? Am i normal? Is Todd living in my brain?
Praise TODD.

Just Todd.jpg

Todd's Curse also consumes me because like. as a huge Morrowind Lover I kinda wish the series was never dumbed down and kept being exclusively for freaks like me, but Skyrim is still a lot of fun. really relaxing game. every time I see snow I think about playing it again. the brain poison is real

TODD HOWARD CURSE OF RA ๐“€€ ๐“€ ๐“€‚ ๐“€ƒ ๐“€„ ๐“€… ๐“€† ๐“€‡ ๐“€ˆ ๐“€‰ ๐“€Š ๐“€‹ ๐“€Œ ๐“€ ๐“€Ž ๐“€ ๐“€ ๐“€‘ ๐“€’ ๐“€“ ๐“€” ๐“€• ๐“€– ๐“€— ๐“€˜ ๐“€™ ๐“€š ๐“€› ๐“€œ ๐“€ ๐“€ž ๐“€Ÿ ๐“€  ๐“€ก ๐“€ข ๐“€ฃ ๐“€ค ๐“€ฅ ๐“€ฆ ๐“€ง ๐“€จ ๐“€ฉ ๐“€ช ๐“€ซ ๐“€ฌ ๐“€ญ ๐“€ฎ ๐“€ฏ ๐“€ฐ ๐“€ฑ ๐“€ฒ ๐“€ณ ๐“€ด ๐“€ต ๐“€ถ ๐“€ท ๐“€ธ ๐“€น ๐“€บ ๐“€ป ๐“€ผ ๐“€ฝ ๐“€พ ๐“€ฟ ๐“€ ๐“ ๐“‚ ๐“ƒ ๐“„ ๐“… ๐“† ๐“‡ ๐“ˆ ๐“‰ ๐“Š ๐“‹ ๐“Œ ๐“ ๐“Ž ๐“ ๐“ ๐“‘ ๐“€„ ๐“€… ๐“€†

I definitely prefer the morrowind approach because quest markers annoy me personally but yeah TES games are really good at exploration. Especially thanks to the fact enemies sorta level with you which is a double edged sword for me since it means you can go anywhere but randomized loot and stuff feels less special.

Especially thanks to the fact enemies sorta level with you which is a double edged sword for me since it means you can go anywhere but randomized loot and stuff feels less special.
Yeeeaaaaah this is the thing for me lol. I love getting one singular overpowered item way too early on. Credit where it's due to Skyrim for at least handling the level scaling better than Oblivion though.

Exploration in Skyrim's kinda the peak of Bethesda world design for me. Regardless of my preference for just how bizarre Morrowind is there's something to Skyrim's verticality that always brings it over the top.

Just don't get me talking about the caves.

Pretty much every cave in Skyrim looks exactly the same but with a (barely) different layout and you spend a LOT of time going into caves.

and despite what that one guy said on that other forum we used to be on, "caves in real life all look the same too" is not really an excuse for that lmao

Damn Caves be hitting good. I'm not going to venture in this discourse because i always wholeheartedly HATE that one cave. I'd rather bite off one of my fingers than thinking about that. Why is it so big? What is going on in there? Where are those damn Crimson bastard plants? I can't.
I refuse
But in general terms??? Meh, can't complain that much! Some have a cool layout! Some are just... Empty caves???
TODD EXPLAIN PLEASE.

Pretty much every cave in Skyrim looks exactly the same but with a (barely) different layout and you spend a LOT of time going into caves.

and despite what that one guy said on that other forum we used to be on, "caves in real life all look the same too" is not really an excuse for that lmao
I was teeing him up to make that same argument lmao

Back