Lounge Access
Profile Music
Purple Glow
Circular Avatar Frame
Pronouns
any/all
Library_Logo.png
Logo Created by @Mukky !
Everyone here posts their cool art, and now I finally get to! I just formally announced my next game Crescent Overload over on socials today. It's a fluid, vibe-heavy Action 3D Platformer set inside of an old rediscovered video game prototype. I feel more apt to share details about the project here, so here's the deets:

In Crescent Overload, you play as AL.exe, a newly programmed Protocol. She learns about this virtual world, which is seamlessly created by the mind of the player, the SUPERUSER. She also gets her handy Gear Scythe, which is the game's cool unique movement mechanic, allowing you to shoot up walls, cut up enemies and obstacles, and hook onto rings. You'll need it, since the world eventually gets corrupted with viruses and maze-like levels...

10142024 combat.png

If it is not obvious enough, the art is influenced by neo-Y2K art styles. I only started learning graphic design in Aug 2023 but I've slowly built myself up to a point of feeling kinda good about my art! Each "world" in the game is influenced by a different artstyle, and there are 5 intertwined worlds in the game. It's not a metroidvania by any means, in fact it is currently linearly designed, but it does accommodate some sequence breaking, shortcuts, and shmovement.

10142024 mainmenu.png

I advertise this game as "nothing like I've made before", because in the past I've kinda just made regular ole' platforming games. But with Crescent Overload, while it looks like just a neat platformer, I want to make a piece that speaks on nostalgia, questioning why some of us hold onto media in the past so dearly instead of looking forwards. There's some heavy story elements, some weird genre-breaking elements, and subversions in gameplay. Some people may not vibe with it, but I think other people will vibe with it heavy. Really, I just want to make something that challenges myself as an artist and actually tries to say something, y'know?

10142024 superuser.png
Right now, I'm working towards a demo and building out the first world of the game. I only have the tutorial, a few story beats, and everything shot for the trailer right now. The demo has a hard deadline of Feb for Steam Next Fest and soft deadline of end of 2024. But for now, you can wishlist Crescent Overload on Steam! I'm mainly active on my Twitter but you can find me around the internet... til next time~

Attachments

• Main_Capsule.png
    Main_Capsule.png
    335.1 KB · Views: 2
Back