Website
www.inlinesix.art
Gold
Grunglr Name
Abstraction
Profile Music
Pronouns
he/him
Idk how many people are actively working on project cars here, but I've been working on mine for the last 3 years and have a few planned in the future, so I thought I'd post a thread so ppl can add their own. I saw similar threads like this in car-related forums, so I wanted to start one here lol. feel free to respond with anything else!

Current Project Car:
2001 Ford AU Series 3 Falcon XR6 (HP) - Venom Red (linked photo isn't my car lol, just the exact paint/trim)

Plans for this car atm are just taking it to the panel beaters to get all the bodywork cleaned up (many dents and scratches towards the back), and then taking it to get a closed door respray in the original colour. Both those jobs aren't really things I can do myself, so it's just a matter of saving the money so I can get a professional to do it. During this time, I plan to put together a completely new exhaust w/ Pacemaker 4480 Headers -> some Hi Flow Cat, Exhaust Valve Bypass -> Lukey Dual Exit Muffler. The Pacemaker Headers are cool because they make the engine almost sound like a N/A 1JZ/2JZ.

After this, long term stuff is doing turbo'ing the car and doing light tuning with a J3 Chip, just for a little extra power lol.

Ideas for future projects:
1978 - 1998 Saab 900 - really REALLY want to buy restore one of these, absolutely gorgeous cars. I'm aiming to get the 2 door coupe/hatchback, as I feel like they look nicer, but I wouldn't mind the 4 door or the sedan versions. I started looking at these because someone on my twitter feed bought one, and I was looking at little i4 cars at the same time for fuel economy reasons LMAO.

1998 - 2001 Ford AU Fairlane - essentially the luxury version of my car, these were again, only for Australia, and came with the same 4.0L i6 engine as mine, or a 5.0L V8. Most people don't really build, these a lot? I think its because they only came with automatic transmissions. My goal for building one of these is to drop a T5 manual transmission and pedal box in from another AU Falcon, then get it to full muscle car spec, as they look pretty cool when actually built. these cars are still fairly affordable too, the i6 versions are regularly going for around $3000AUD near me, and the V8's are around $6000AUD.

another future project is an E46 BMW but I haven't looked into it as much, and they're going up in price rapidly from what I've seen lol.

Feel free to respond with any cars you're building, or any cars you want to build, or generally just want to share a car you have lol.

Back