2009 Mazda 3, thoughts?

Drove Raven pretty much all day today, from 9am to 2pm, then 7pm to 10pm, and it's made me come to appriciate her a helluva lot more than I already did.

First order of business was helping a friend move on short notice, early morning and driving along the freeway, pick up their stuff, end up making two trips. Afterwards I'm sitting in Raven thinking "I could go home, then take public transport to my parent's place... but I can't be bothered going home. Fuck it, I'll make the long drive". From Melbourne to Bendigo is about 2~ hours along the freeway, and I haven't driven that long or that fast in Raven yet.

I put some Japanese jazz fusion on, and took off north. The drive was absolutely beautiful. Rolling clouds, blue skies, a little rain but mostly dry roads. She was driving smooth. At certain points when the speed limit picked up I wanted to see how she goes with the pedal down and lemme tell you, she goes, alright. And not only does she go, but she goes smoothly. The taking turns like a dream and keeping the speed like a champ. It had to be the most relaxing and enjoyable drive I've ever done.

After dinner with the fam, it was time to take her home. Night time driving was much the same, smooth and beautiful. Accidentally refueled her with Premium fuel at the pumps and it cost me an arm and a leg but I reckon she'll enjoy the feed and she most certainly earned it after today.

This gif comes to mind
Always Sunny Love GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

I've gain a new perspective of Raven, and she's gained a lot of respect in my eyes. A car with a lot of personality, and it's one I gel with a lot. I think I'll give her a proper clean before work tomorrow. She deserves it.

imo if you're doing stuff like taking longer but more fun routes, and looking back at your car after you've left it, you know you've picked the right one. i still do it and i've had mine for 4 years

Back