Recommend Anything

I recommend having either an outdoor hobby or a form of exercise, to promote healthier living. Running, working out/weightlifting, fishing, birdwatching, hiking, etc. Anything that either gets the heart pumping or you out in the world. I personally love to fish and weightlift.

Fishing, even if I don't catch anything is nice, I get to experience the outside at early and late times of day and I appreciate the world for how it looks, seeing the beauty in nature up close. It's my favorite thing I inherited from my late grandpa, his love for the outdoors. I only catch what I eat, and I never take more than necessary. I also apologize to and thank the fish before I kill it humanely. I like to give each a few naturalistic words before I go through with it.

I weightlift so I can be healthier and get stronger to protect the ones I care about. It's pretty fun, seeing yourself get stronger as the days pass. Both of these activities are revitalizing and good for the brain. One gets me in nature to appreciate the world around me, the other gets me physical and allows me to challenge myself in a different way than usual. I can't recommend doing one or the other enough. Both actively make me a better person than I was the day before, and this would remain true even if they were different activities.

I recommend having either an outdoor hobby or a form of exercise, to promote healthier living. Running, working out/weightlifting, fishing, birdwatching, hiking, etc. Anything that either gets the heart pumping or you out in the world. I personally love to fish and weightlift.

Fishing, even if I don't catch anything is nice, I get to experience the outside at early and late times of day and I appreciate the world for how it looks, seeing the beauty in nature up close. It's my favorite thing I inherited from my late grandpa, his love for the outdoors. I only catch what I eat, and I never take more than necessary. I also apologize to and thank the fish before I kill it humanely. I like to give each a few naturalistic words before I go through with it.

I weightlift so I can be healthier and get stronger to protect the ones I care about. It's pretty fun, seeing yourself get stronger as the days pass. Both of these activities are revitalizing and good for the brain. One gets me in nature to appreciate the world around me, the other gets me physical and allows me to challenge myself in a different way than usual. I can't recommend doing one or the other enough. Both actively make me a better person than I was the day before, and this would remain true even if they were different activities.
Oh man, this.

Before Covid hit, I used to go to the gym and went swimming on the weekends. It was a very hard time mentally, but like some kind of magic, every time I went to train\swim, I felt so much better. This period of my life feels really special and warm even today.

It's a funny coincidence, but just a few hours ago I found my old training log and thought about getting back to it. Thank you for this message, now I'm more than motivated hehe.

--
Anything offline will do the job if you're main hobby\work requires you to spend enormous time on a computer. Last year I tried running\photography, and it improved the quality of my life so much!

Back