So about the Game Freak gigaleak...

crantheman

Reaction score
Gold
Terminal Frame
Lounge Access
Pronouns
he/him/his
Apparently sometime yesterday a hacker (not sure if it's one person or a group of people) got access to Game Freak's internal server and data through a phishing email. The leak totals 1 TB of data, ranging from the source code of Pokemon Black 2/White 2 and HeartGold/SoulSilver, to source codes for the upcoming Pokemon Legends ZA and the Generation 10 Pokemon Games. There's even beta pokemon for Gens 3 5 and 6, internal emails within the Pokemon Company, Game Freak, and Nintendo, and upcoming plans for movies/TV shows. I feel bad for Game Freak, the one year they don't release a Pokemon game and focus on making Legends ZA as perfect as possible someone had to completely uncover their secrets.

The worst part about this gigaleak is that the hacker revealed personal/financial information about each Game Freak employee.

What are your thoughts on the leak?

I love love love seeing the behind the scenes stuff like this. A lot of the early poke designs are just not there yet & I think it gives a good impression of how these designs don't usually come out of the womb looking right, they take some iteration like anything else. Except Trapinch. Trapinch was perfect from minute one

I'm definitely not digging through it myself but I'm also fascinated to see what juicy nuggets people find from the boring stuff, like emails and meeting minutes

I love love love seeing the behind the scenes stuff like this.
Me too! A lot of the beta Pokemon are super interesting to look at. I just wish the leak wasn't also associated with compromising Game Freak's employees as well. They don't deserve to have their financial info exposed like this.

that water rabbit is not better than mudkip. i like the water rabbit, it's good. i cannot believe people are saying "i wish we got this instead of mudkip". those snakes
FINALLY SOMEBODY SAYS IT I'VE SEEN SO MUCH HATE FOR MUDKIP IT'S UNREAL

--
honestly as fun as it is seeing all the unreleased and juicy stuff, this is a data breach like any other; employees lives are at stake, PII was leaked as well as future stuff. that, not fun!

Back