Gold
Executive Title
Cyberworks Volume 2 - Style 1
Profile Music
Lounge Access
Pronouns
he/him
Thread for assorted gamedev stuff.

I've been playing around with GDevelop lately and finding it to be a really nifty little tool. Kinda comparable to GameMaker with its no code scripting language, though instead of GML you've got raw JavaScript and all the freedom that brings.

What are you all workin' on / workin' with?

Currently taking a game jam game I made a while ago in a different direction so I can expand it. Pivoting towards more of a Kirby's Dream Course thing instead of a Kirby Air Ride thing. For the jam I used luxe, but I've switched to Godot for this new version.

Currently taking a game jam game I made a while ago in a different direction so I can expand it. Pivoting towards more of a Kirby's Dream Course thing instead of a Kirby Air Ride thing. For the jam I used luxe, but I've switched to Godot for this new version.
1702095412558.png
holy hell this is addictive

I love this

image.png

Working on a specific top-down angle and trying to figure out what does & does not work for it with the orthographic camera (I'm doing prerendered backgrounds!). First victim of my testing: random boss arenas from Sonic Adventure 2. Hoping to have a nice stack of notes to start work on my own levels soon.

I've been teaching a game design class using Unity for one semester a year for a while now, though have been considering switching platforms. Would love to go UE though have had problems getting Epic Games unblocked for students on our school's network. As a teaching tool for the bare basics (roll-a-ball, third-person explorers), Unity still gets the job done. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is sick! This past weekend I participated in my first game jam. We made this in 48 hours, since then we have fixed bugs and updated some stuff throughout the week and plan to continue to develop it as we think there might be something here once we get all the mechanics implemented. I am definitely going to do another jam, though it will be one with a longer time frame as I did not sleep for two days lol.

I'm currently working on a rhythm game! Even though it looks like something similar to a NEOY2K inspired game (which is indeed the initial idea at the start). There's a lot more different genres of both art and music I really want to try -w-" I combined Frutiger Metro with a Furry once and it looks kinda cool xD1713980436159.png

I'm currently working on a rhythm game! Even though it looks like something similar to a NEOY2K inspired game (which is indeed the initial idea at the start). There's a lot more different genres of both art and music I really want to try -w-" I combined Frutiger Metro with a Furry once and it looks kinda cool xDView attachment 557
Looks great! What engine are you using? Wouldn’t even know where to begin building something that responds to imported audio…

Back