What are you listening to right now?

Right this second I am listening to the Racing Lagoon OST:

but since spring started I've been listening to Marvin Gaye's "What's Going On" like once a day...

Right this second I am listening to the Racing Lagoon OST:

but since spring started I've been listening to Marvin Gaye's "What's Going On" like once a day...
I NEED to start playing Racing Lagoon, it seems so up my alley

one of my all time fav tracks! I'll use this opportunity to plug one of my fav japanese albums im listening to now::headbang:
Jun fukamachi's QUARK kind of straddles the line between 70's japanese jazz fusion and spacey electronic ambient. its really great!

edit: forgot to give more props to Ryuichi Sakamoto in my original post. one of the all time greats imo, a huge inspiration! I was introduced to him (and japanese music as a whole) through YMO, but his solo work is amazing as well! any movie he did the soundtrack for instantly jumps to the top of my watchlist lol

Getting through the second allnighter in a row with this one:headbang:(help me)

one of my all time fav tracks! I'll use this opportunity to plug one of my fav japanese albums im listening to now::headbang:
Jun fukamachi's QUARK kind of straddles the line between 70's japanese jazz fusion and spacey electronic ambient. its really great!

edit: forgot to give more props to Ryuichi Sakamoto in my original post. one of the all time greats imo, a huge inspiration! I was introduced to him (and japanese music as a whole) through YMO, but his solo work is amazing as well! any movie he did the soundtrack for instantly jumps to the top of my watchlist lol
I love this album so much, perfect pick! I feel like a space amoeba every time I listen to it, and that's a good feeling, haha. And I love that it sounds exactly how it looks, I mean the album cover.

And yeah, Thousand Knives is a certified banger, I listened to this track an unhealthy amount of times, I even have it as my ringtone, haha. Discovering YMO helped me to find so much good stuff it's insane. Even the album I just linked was arranged by Haruomi Hosono (pretty obvious in Parallélisme), and I learned that just now

Back