Ya'll remember internet cafes?

lem

Reaction score
Website
www.are.na
Gold
Kind of random but I was talking with someone about how there used to be people that went to hardcore in them for gaming they'd just fall over and die.

It also kind of brought back my train of thought about how even though they don't really make sense anymore, I kinda wish they were still around in rural areas. There's a push for fiber now I guess but still yknow. Also remember some of the designs for them kinda went nuts, if I can find some i'll edit this

I was in one once. It's near my house, empty as a motherfucker, but it's got a decent vibe goin. I do wish it were still a thing. Would be easy to make local gaming friends n shit in them!

There was a place near me that opened at the tail end of 2019 called the Lounge & Game that sold itself as a gaming lounge (surprise). It was more or less an internet cafe with more gamer rgb. Unfortunately this story ends with something commonly known as the COVID-19 pandemic and they shut down shortly after lockdown began

I only ever visited them as a kid, not for any particular reason. Australia sometimes had free ones dedicated to getting people net-literate, often found at malls. When my parents were shopping I'd sit on the computer and try to bypass the blacklists to play flash games and club penguin, I even managed to install and play Roblox on one of them. They repurprosed them into Public transport information centres later on.

The paid ones never held my interest, though I did win "10 free hours" at the local gaming cafe when I was 16. Spent maybe an hour playing CSGO but the vibes were off and the smell of sweat put me off going back. They did let us into the attic there one time to play some board games though, which was really cool. Our own little private space to be as loud as we wanted.

Reactions: lem
Does make me wanna get into the local fighting game scene though, but I'm not sure how to get into it right now. Maybe when Tekken 8 drops I'll make an effort to get into the scene

There was a place near me that opened at the tail end of 2019 called the Lounge & Game that sold itself as a gaming lounge (surprise). It was more or less an internet cafe with more gamer rgb. Unfortunately this story ends with something commonly known as the COVID-19 pandemic and they shut down shortly after lockdown began
Godd I keep hearing about shit like that. Something cool with a lot of potential getting wiped out cause funny virus
I only ever visited them as a kid, not for any particular reason. Australia sometimes had free ones dedicated to getting people net-literate, often found at malls. When my parents were shopping I'd sit on the computer and try to bypass the blacklists to play flash games and club penguin, I even managed to install and play Roblox on one of them. They repurprosed them into Public transport information centres later on.

The paid ones never held my interest, though I did win "10 free hours" at the local gaming cafe when I was 16. Spent maybe an hour playing CSGO but the vibes were off and the smell of sweat put me off going back. They did let us into the attic there one time to play some board games though, which was really cool. Our own little private space to be as loud as we wanted.
Holy shit yeah that does sound cool. Yeah things like promotion of net-literacy is kinda part of why I wish it was still kind of a thing, I ended up teaching a computer class in highschool bc it got so bad over time. Getting over the blacklist kicks ass haha

Them having a little attic with board games is neat too damn.

I was in one once. It's near my house, empty as a motherfucker, but it's got a decent vibe goin. I do wish it were still a thing. Would be easy to make local gaming friends n shit in them!
Damnn, at least its got the vibe. Yeah it being a sort of meeting place seemed exciting @_@

Back