Reaction score
Gold
Abstraction
Dreamscape Purple
Profile Music
Pronouns
She/Her/It/Winner
armored core fans get hype here NOW.
been playing AC4 and 4A again recently and man. the community is still there like it never left. the pvp community is still alive and strong all these years later, still providing support to newer players, teaching second staging and chain boosting left and right like its their job, yet they never get pissy at new players for not understanding.
love you armored core, never change.
now for 6, it makes me very excited hearing that it will be a mix of 4A's speed and the 1st gens weighty, impact based combat with slower, more methodological combat encounters.
essentially 5 and VD with a budget im so excited

Helll yes I think im gonna start my AC journey today. >:3
Again, thanks for the recommendation a day or two ago!

I’ve been playing AC Nexus lately. Might be the peak of the third generation
nexus really is peak early gen armored core, only thing that i think can top that is last raven, just due to its gameplay loop telling a story of a 24hr war in a job by job basis. super sick

Can I start with 6

I've never played this series before but I'm interested

6 technically won’t be my first, but it will probably be the first I play to completion. i played some of 1 on a whim earlier this year and thought it was cool but never finished it. never owned any of the others and neither did anyone I knew irl, so the series was always something I kind of heard about online but never gave much thought to.

6 looks pretty sick though and i’m probably going to try some of the others before/after it’s out now that I have the means

6 technically won’t be my first, but it will probably be the first I play to completion. i played some of 1 on a whim earlier this year and thought it was cool but never finished it. never owned any of the others and neither did anyone I knew irl, so the series was always something I kind of heard about online but never gave much thought to.

6 looks pretty sick though and i’m probably going to try some of the others before/after it’s out now that I have the means
if you do ever feel like playing some of the old ones, i HIGHLY recommend 3 and all of its alternate games like nexus, silent line, and last raven. or if you want more fast paced combat, play 4, 4a, 5, VD

if you do ever feel like playing some of the old ones, i HIGHLY recommend 3 and all of its alternate games like nexus, silent line, and last raven. or if you want more fast paced combat, play 4, 4a, 5, VD
was probably gonna boot up 3 and try it out. the ps360 games cost way too much secondhand and my toaster ass laptop can’t emulate them well. 3/nexus/LR are the ones i’ve heard most good things about so they’re on the To Do list

yeah I'm in the "6 will be my first" camp too

I actually have a copy of For Answer I managed to get before the price skyrocketed, but I never got around to playing it. whoops. probably will after 6

Do any of you have any recommendations in terms of emulation? Because I've been trying to get some physical copies but here in Europe they're like... non-existent... At least at decent prices. Especially right now with AC6 coming.
Like i recently got a decent pc and really wanted to get more into older gaems especially AC (don't know why but never clicked with me before but like i'm dying to try them out RN!!!).

Do any of you have any recommendations in terms of emulation? Because I've been trying to get some physical copies but here in Europe they're like... non-existent... At least at decent prices. Especially right now with AC6 coming.
Like i recently got a decent pc and really wanted to get more into older gaems especially AC (don't know why but never clicked with me before but like i'm dying to try them out RN!!!).
duckstation for ps1, pcsx2 for ps2 and rpcs3 for ps3. settings vary depending on your rig, but my $600 walmart laptop is able to run the ps1/2 stuff just fine without messing with settings, so you’re probably fine with those. ps3 games are probably different, and last I heard, 5 has some general issues that’ll happen regardless of your rig but idk if that’s changed

duckstation for ps1, pcsx2 for ps2 and rpcs3 for ps3. settings vary depending on your rig, but my $600 walmart laptop is able to run the ps1/2 stuff just fine without messing with settings, so you’re probably fine with those. ps3 games are probably different, and last I heard, 5 has some general issues that’ll happen regardless of your rig but idk if that’s changed
Damn That's cool! Thanks a Lot! I'll definitely look at them. For the ps3 i think i might try to crack it? Like, i did it with the psp and it's running fine and dandy! But for ps1/ps2 i'll definitely use my main rig! I'll leave my laptop brath a bit.

PSP cracking is so easy and so fun, lol. There’s some great portable ports of most of the third generation if you wanna play them on the go, they’re missing Nexus & Nine Breaker but 3/Silent Line/Last Raven are all there.

PSP cracking is so easy and so fun, lol. There’s some great portable ports of most of the third generation if you wanna play them on the go, they’re missing Nexus & Nine Breaker but 3/Silent Line/Last Raven are all there.
Damn then, didn't know that! I'll definitely check them out! Huge thanks!
And yeah, PSP cracking is pretty chill! It's like th eperfect portable console.

i personally use rcps3, theres a great setup guide in the armored core discord (dont tell the feds but search up vimmslayer, youre welcome)
theres even multiplayer functionality still with a large active community

i personally use rcps3, theres a great setup guide in the armored core discord (dont tell the feds but search up vimmslayer, youre welcome)
theres even multiplayer functionality still with a large active community
YOOOO, thanks a lot, that's the first thing i'll do as soon as i have a bit more time on my hands.
I'm telling nothing to them Agents, not in my house.

yeah I'm in the "6 will be my first" camp too

I actually have a copy of For Answer I managed to get before the price skyrocketed, but I never got around to playing it. whoops. probably will after 6
update: i played some of 1 but i wasn't really feeling the gameplay. excellent PS1 Menu Vibes and music though

probably just gonna give 3 or 4 a try instead of pushing on with it

I'd make a joke about Armored Core having Persona Syndrome with regards to all entries before the third, but it reminds me that I never actually played Armored Core 2. Nobody really talks about it much either lol

Back