What are your favourite racing game tracks?

Super Crab Deluxe Turbo X

Reaction score
Website
anilist.co
Gold
Glowing Username (Anniversary)
Cyber Moonrise
Lounge Access
Ocean Splash
Rounded Rectangle Frame
Pronouns
they/them
The two that come to mind right away for me are Baby Park and Mount Wario from Mario Kart. I love the Mario Kart tracks that are just one long stretch and Mount Wario is the coolest one of those. Baby Park, on the other hand, is literally just an oval, which means it's how you see the beautiful chaos of Mario Kart in its purest form. Special shout-out to the music in 8 going up in pitch every lap and making you feel like you're losing your mind lmao

What are some tracks you guys love?

Great picks Crab. I also love Waluigi Pinball and Big Blue

Airship Fortress from MKDS, shame it didn't make it to MK8

Papu's Pyramid and Deep Sea Driving from CTR (Although DSD falls apart at a high level, unfortunately. blind turn into a nasty hazard)

I have spent too much time on the Nordschleife, Mount Panorama and Laguna Seca in various games/sims lol. I have like every corner of the Nordschleife memorised at this point.

I really wanna drive Mount Panorama irl.

Okay now I'm confused as to whether this is about tracks as in music or tracks as in levels lmao

at least you didn't say "maps"

for some reason that drives me insane when people say it about kart racers

been a while since i played it (and i don't think i've ever played the remake), but the map i remember enjoying the most was polar pass in CTR. no clue if it's "Actually Good" or if it holds up or whatever since i don't really play racing games, but my sister and I used to play it constantly

man Polar Pass RULES. one of the best. that section around the middle where you hop over some icebergs is ripe for major shenanigans at high levels, with a tight enough turn and high enough speed you can skip a bunch of them

Back