What are you playing right now?

My friend and I are trying to get into Guild Wars 2 right now. I'm not usually an MMO guy, but I'm liking the open-ended approach to leveling.

GW2 is a lot of fun. I got into it a few years ago before the freight train known as FF14 nuked my life.

I've been playing F-Zero 99 lately. I know it's against the whole point of having a 99 person battle royale but I would really like a standard F-Zero race mode in this too lol. The grand prix races are so much fun towards the end when all the crowds have been eliminated and it's just you vs the best of the best. Really good game.

ive been on this strange rotation of yakuza 0, stand alone complex ps2, soul calibur 3, and CS2

Cavern of Dreams (2023)

It's a one man project (mostly) and it shows at points but it nails that 5th gen aesthetic of an ostensibly pleasant world with a discomforting undercurrent. And I don't mean in a trite modern "cutesy mascot secret nightmare fuel" kind of way. When I was young, old enough to navigate a game but not quite knowledgeable enough to have a firm grasp of the idea that they were made by people, I would occasionally reach an area in a game where the artificiality would shine through in subtle ways. Walls that are just textures that should represent trees you could walk past, music stopping while the character's sound effects continue to echo, areas where nothing in the environment would move except for you. I wouldn't have been able to explain it at the time, but I think things like that could trigger a fleeting realization that this world would cease to exist when you weren't looking at it, combined with the childish concern about what might happen to its inhabitants when that happens. I wonder whether people that didn't grow up with games in this era can relate to that?

Anyway. I can't really feel that anymore of course, but Cavern manages to evoke the memory of it pretty clearly. It's pretty short and it's not exactly doing anything new in the 3D platformer space, but I can still recommend checking it out for that atmosphere alone.

1698458324619.jpeg
1698458333425.jpeg

ive just been doing some classic warframe grinding. i dont hate my existence in the slightest i swear, all i do is the same mission over and over for 1 item.

its worth it in the end imo

Sony's Insomniac Games' Disney's Marvel's Spider-Man 2 is super good so far
I finished it. Great game, would recommend to anyone who liked the first one. Improves on pretty much everything.

Currently playing Mario Wonder. I've only done the first world and this is already probably the best 2D Mario game ever. Constantly finding new ways to surprise me

woah there buddy

it's a real good game & it's got some real inventive levels but SMB3 still the GOAT

it's the last day of the glorious month of Tony Hawktober, so I replayed some of Underground. That game still rules and I could (and would) beat it in one sitting if I started earlier in the day lol

Will probably play the rest tomorrow

i'm back on square enix's Critically Acclaimed Massively Online Multiplayer Game final fantasy xiv..................1240 days subscribed

Beat Metal Gear Solid, onto started MGS2 last night. Finally going through this series in order!!

Just finished playing Red Dead Redemption 2 for the first time....man, it's become one of my favorite games of all time. Everything from the world, story, characters, and music are just perfect. I feel so immersed and this game has a lot of side stuff to do that are fun. The graphics really holds up to this day, it's a very beautiful game to look at, can't believe it came out 5 years ago in 2018. If you haven't played it yet I urge you to do so, Arthur Morgan is one of the best written character in any media.

Back