What are you playing right now?

The Fate/Extra CCC English patch is finally out, so I'm... replaying the original game instead of it because it's been like 11 years since I first played it lol

Prime "everything about this is cool except the actual gameplay" gaming. The battle system is just rock-paper-scissors. Not figuratively, like Pokémon or something, but literally just rock-paper-scissors. I wish it had anything else instead so I could recommend it more readily. Really hope we get an update on the remake they're doing sometime soon.

This week I've revisited Tekken 7 in anticipation for 8 coming out next month, and I just started a Legendary run of Halo CE with my friend.

Both have been a blast so far. I can't play fighting games as seriously or as competitively as I used to, but I love how much personality these games have, so I've mostly just been enjoying Tekken for its creative choices rather than mechanics this time around. The last time I played through Halo CE was about 12 years ago, so the feelings of nostalgia are there, but honestly I feel like revisiting the game through an adult-lense after so long is cool. It feels like I get to enjoy the game for the first time once again.

It feels like I get to enjoy the game for the first time once again.
That's the best feeling ever.

I've been holding off touching Persona 3 again for a similar reason. I'm really, really excited for the remake to come out and I want it to feel as fresh as it can.

kinda felt that with my recent FF7 replay too. idk how much was down to me being older and how much was down to me using the retranslation patch, but I was like "oh, I just fully get this game now. none of it is really confusing". made me fall in love with it even more

also this isn't a movie thread but: advent children owns too actually. anyone who says it's bad is wrong

started going through the dragon quest series in arbitrary order. finished the DS version of 4, now moving onto 5
there's a beautiful earnestness and simplicity to these games and how they convey their tropes and mechanics that makes them very easy to get lost in

I tried out Granblue Fantasy Versus Rising! There's a F2P option with a rotating roster, and the game has a "quick input" button that lets you do special moves with just one button + a direction (like Smash Bros). I've never been good at fighting games but this one feels a bit more accessible, want to keep giving it a try.
is-granblue-fantasy-versus-rising-free-to-play_jpg_75.jpg

Whatchu been playing lately? Whatchu think about it?

I finally got around to trying Pikmin last weekend and god damn I should've done it sooner. That game slams. I figured I'd like it because I like any kind of game that's full of little critters doing things but all the different layers of management you have to keep track of make it super engaging. I had bought it to just play for an hour or two as a break from work but ended up playing for six. Definitely getting the others soon
Yo! I've recently been going out on a mix of Grand Theft Auto III, Freedom Wars and Chantelise.
I've had prior experience with GTAV and San Andreas, but III's come up as my favorite of the series, I'll be honest! I love how 'arcade' the physics are. So far I've just entered Staunton Island and met up with the Yakuza. I'm hoping to get through more or finish it within my break.
Freedom Wars was at first a slight break from Monster Hunter, another game I was already fairly deep into, but soon enough I started loving it. Seriously, it's sick! The story takes a bit to get through at first, but admittedly it gets indirectly very funny (and you get ten years of prison for walking too much in your cell initially). Gameplay-wise, I'd say it's a mix between God Eater and Earth Defense Force. If you have a PS Vita, I'd say to grab it!
Last, Chantelise: It's weird to explain, but it's cool! I haven't gone far, but it really reminds me of the sub-budget games you'd find on the Wii. That aside, the combat's solid, the story's great, and it's just good altogether.

Up next comes Salt and Sacrifice! I've put it down in favor of getting through my backlog, but after these three I'll likely finish up.

Whatchu been playing lately? Whatchu think about it?

I finally got around to trying Pikmin last weekend and god damn I should've done it sooner. That game slams. I figured I'd like it because I like any kind of game that's full of little critters doing things but all the different layers of management you have to keep track of make it super engaging. I had bought it to just play for an hour or two as a break from work but ended up playing for six. Definitely getting the others soon
I just been on a lotta Osu and DJ max Portable. 4K rhythm games KEEP ME ALIVE.
Also I started a jenky Visual Novel on PSP\PC called Divi-Dead. Seemed Uber cheesy so helly. So far the writing is so goofy I'm already in love.

I tried out Granblue Fantasy Versus Rising! There's a F2P option with a rotating roster, and the game has a "quick input" button that lets you do special moves with just one button + a direction (like Smash Bros). I've never been good at fighting games but this one feels a bit more accessible, want to keep giving it a try.
View attachment 211
ANIME FIGHTER FAN SPOTTED!
How you feel about Guilty Gear XXAC+R?

I just got through the first expansion of FFXIV now that the semester if over. Also itching to finish MGS2

solid snake GIF

ANIME FIGHTER FAN SPOTTED!
How you feel about Guilty Gear XXAC+R?
Aw man I’m sorry to disappoint but I don’t actually play a lot of anime fighters (╯•ᗣ•╰) I just like trying a lot of different games

That being said tho I did try Strive, I liked it! I got bootied online but the characters are super cool…

Aw man I’m sorry to disappoint but I don’t actually play a lot of anime fighters (╯•ᗣ•╰) I just like trying a lot of different games

That being said tho I did try Strive, I liked it! I got bootied online but the characters are super cool…
Daaaaaaaaamn, I'm glad you had fun with Strive though! GG's the king of "Rule of Cool!"

never really got into the SNES version of Super Mario RPG, but I've been playing the Switch remake lately and it's delightful

i wish there was a hard mode because i haven't really been challenged yet, but that's my only complaint. and hey, you can argue that it being easy adds to the comfy vibes if you really want to

you've done the Booster section by now right

that dude is my favorite thing in that game. great lil song too

also im playing Crash 4 again and I have about a hundred things to say about it but mostly that it's really really good, especially on revisit. maybe ill make a post for it when im finished. idk how much i'll do but i'm at least trying to get all the n sanely perfect relics

yeah I'm at 5/7 stars right now

there's an option to use the SNES soundtrack and that part has been the only time I've used it so far because I needed to know how it sounded originally. Yoko Shimomura really is the GOAT

She so is. I just listened to the remake version and holy crap it's a banger. I wasn't thinking I wanted to play this game again already but that's making a strong argument

Persona 3 Reload rules. Cleared out the first chunk of Tartarus already and I think it’s a pretty fantastic remake so far. A little on the easy side but as resource management gets dicy towards the end of Tartarus blocks it’s really fun to manage. 3 was always my favorite from this series so I’m just kinda over the moon about this lol

Yo! I've been at a couple of games right now, being another run in Salt & Sanctuary with a friend, and as well as that, Monster Hunter Frontier! I never thought I'd be playing a Monster Hunter MMO, but thanks to the Frontier ZZ project, it's entirely different now. What's even better is that it's crossplay! I had no clue a Vita version of an MMO could connect up to a PC release.

Back