What are you playing right now?

y'know how i posted about playing yakuza 5 near the start of this thread like a year ago? well, it took me until now to finally beat it. whoops

it's good but they put way too much stuff in there and the story becomes kind of a mess by the end. i liked it but i'll probably never replay it

i will now start playing astro bot instead of the other three or so games i was also partway through lol

I've been going out on my Vita again, and with that I've just about finished the Brandish remake! After that I plan on taking on Final Fantasy 2 through its PSP release, and then alternating with Stranger of Paradise as a friend wants to play it in co-op once my copy arrives. As it was in a bundle too, I got another game for free! I may put my Xbox to dev mode to grab Xenia as well.

Astro Bot is like if Sony made a Nintendo game (this is a huge compliment). 100% recommended if you have a PS5

I also started the The Answer DLC for Persona 3 Reload. wasn't planning on playing it but they give you it with game pass ultimate and they also had a 2 weeks for £1 offer because I guess microsoft hates actually making money lmao. anyway, looking forward to getting more into that

We’ll see if I finish 4 this time. It’s probably the best Superman game ever made but I have never felt as strong a connection to it as I did to 3, probably just because everything takes place in the Matrix so naturally everything matters a whole lot less.
Guess who hasn't finished Saints Row 4 multiple times in a row!

I saw the .hack//G.U. trilogy on deep discount on the eShop and have desperately wanted to play it again made all the worse by how my ex has it & the PS4. I never liked the opening title's gameplay but there is an element I respect to how dedicated CC2 was to making An Anime: The Game that combat is mundane for the first 20 hours because Haseo hasn't gotten his mid-season upgrades yet lol.

valkyrie profile for the first time. cool presentation & novel combat gimmick for its era but one of those gamefaqs-tier 90s rpgs that basically requires a guide open at all times. even the difficulty settings are misnamed. "hard" is actually normal and "normal" is hard

I've been going out on my Vita again, and with that I've just about finished the Brandish remake! After that I plan on taking on Final Fantasy 2 through its PSP release, and then alternating with Stranger of Paradise as a friend wants to play it in co-op once my copy arrives. As it was in a bundle too, I got another game for free! I may put my Xbox to dev mode to grab Xenia as well.
That last dungeon hurt. Brandish is finished.
Everything was fun, but that.

Hurt.
Regardless, both Final Fantasy games I'm coming to now! I've absolutely loved Stranger of Paradise so far.

went right into Yakuza 6 after 5 and it's pretty good. I have issues with the combat (this is the first game on their new engine, I've played Judgment already so I know they get it down eventually), but I like the rest so far. The vibes of going to a small coastal town to solve a mystery while looking after a baby and also getting dragged into playing baseball and so on are excellent

Looking forward to playing more (and hopefully finishing it before Sunday because that's when the two week game pass trial runs out lol. playing it on Xbox because it got a 60fps update for the Series X but not PS5, annoyingly)

went right into Yakuza 6 after 5 and it's pretty good. I have issues with the combat (this is the first game on their new engine, I've played Judgment already so I know they get it down eventually), but I like the rest so far. The vibes of going to a small coastal town to solve a mystery while looking after a baby and also getting dragged into playing baseball and so on are excellent

Looking forward to playing more (and hopefully finishing it before Sunday because that's when the two week game pass trial runs out lol. playing it on Xbox because it got a 60fps update for the Series X but not PS5, annoyingly)
i played through yakuza 3-7 earlier in the year and my take on 6's combat is that it's probably got the most natural feeling street brawls; picking up weapons etc is a lot more fluid, but it doesn't feel well optimized for 1 on 1 encounters like bosses. the heat system is bloated though and the leveling system is probably the worst (haven't played the other games on that engine though, only played the ps2 version of 2)

Back