What are you playing right now?

just beat Dragon Quest 1 (or technically Dragon Warrior 1, I played the GBC version)

really enjoyed it, sometimes you just need a super simple RPG to vibe with and it's great for that. you could maybe argue it's too simple - you don't even have a party, you're just one guy - but still. good stuff

also I had literally 1 HP left when I beat the last boss lol IMG_20240626_191225.png

Elden Ring's DLC is pretty good! I've been having a jolly good time. I cheesed a boss by shooting arrows at it from afar for like 10 minutes and yeah it was fun, I like cheesing bosses lmao

I'm about 30 hours into it myself and still have a chunk of things left unexplored. Fav boss so far is M******, might've been B**** if the camera didn't have such a hard time keeping track of him

Having a great time with it so far but I wish they hadn't brought back those god damn ulcerated tree spirits, that shit shouldn't have even made it into the base game and yet I've fought 3 in the DLC *so far*

Started playing Mirror's edge for the millionth time again today. Took a handful of half decent screenshots while I was at it. Had a fun time :)

I feel like the conversation surrounding this game and how good it still looks given its age has grown just a little tired and worn, but damn, man. This game still looks so damn good lol. And the gameplay is still fun too. I don't think it'll ever get old for me. I've been aware of this game since it came out and I have played it off and on, never finishing it, for so many years. But within the past few years, it's definitely positioned itself as one of my favorites.

Also, last picture is something that I heard rumors of recently, and sure enough, it's real. In the game's tutorial level, there's a building with cars parked on its roof. The building is not a parking garage, and there's no parking lot or anything like that situated up there. There's just a bunch of cars inconspicuously sitting on the roof of this building, totally unexplained as to how. Made me giggle

Attachments

• 20240715004437_1.jpg
    20240715004437_1.jpg
    774.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 20240715002640_1.jpg
    20240715002640_1.jpg
    603.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240715005205_1.jpg
    20240715005205_1.jpg
    381.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240715010540_1.jpg
    20240715010540_1.jpg
    555.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240715002955_1.jpg
    20240715002955_1.jpg
    774.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 20240715001320_1.jpg
    20240715001320_1.jpg
    464.9 KB · Views: 13
that game's a testament to the importance of a quality art style

and a rare example of a giant publisher letting an actually inspired, original idea slip through. could never happen today, as evidenced by its own sequel

Beat Ys I and II recently. Really enjoyed them, minus one of the bosses in I being really annoying lol

The bump combat system is a lot more fun in action than it sounds on paper. Just tearing through enemies by ramming into them feels great. Even the few times I felt like I had to grind (the level cap in I is 10, so one level makes a HUGE difference) weren't a problem at all.

Would definitely recommend them and I'm really looking forward to checking out the rest of the series, especially with X coming out later this year

The bump combat system is a lot more fun in action than it sounds on paper.
Yeah this is one of those systems that growing up I heard so many complaints about from people that very clearly had never played the games lol. I really have to go through the earlier parts of the series, I got hooked on Ys VI on PSP and the rest is history.

Hello again! I've made zero progress on the Diva games, lol; I had to pick up another SD2Vita as my previous had broken contacts, which, although unfortunate, I've heard that they were flimsy. That changes tonight however, as I've received a couple more in favor of futureproofing!
Second, within this month a Switch controller I pre-ordered will be coming in -- with that, I've got a ton to get to! I picked up the first Phantasy Star, I've had Monster Hunter: GU waiting, and the same goes for Fire Emblem's Shadow Dragon re-release. Come next month too, I'm considering on importing the new Pawapuro coming out, so that'll be something too. This summer'll be packed!
All that awaits is Future Tone and Megamix.

My Vita is now ground zero.

Jokes aside, most of the Diva games are down, and I really liked them! I'm waiting a bit before starting Megamix, but beyond that I've loved the series. I think the first Project Diva's may be my favorite? Second, the controller's come in, being the Hellboy Nitro Deck -- I absolutely love it, and at this rate it's likely now my Switch's second skin, lol. I've almost finished Phantasy Star, I've started picking at GU (being able to move to Pokke Village was awesome, lol) and Shadow Dragon has yet to begin.
I've also started more on Pawapuro! As I can't import 2024 yet, I decided to go for 2014; I've begun a very popular mode there as well, being Eikan. I was unsure of it at first, but the language barrier's very small! You manage a team, improve them, direct them in games, etc. It's solid!

Attachments

• IMG_6675.jpg
    IMG_6675.jpg
    625.1 KB · Views: 8
I picked up Saints Row 3/4 complete on the eshop for like $3 the other day. Not only do they run great on Switch, I gotta say: SR3 has aged pretty well. It will never be 2 but it still has some really fantastic set pieces in its campaign and is just a blast to play in general. Pretty excited to get to 4, since I already enjoyed that game a lot more than 3 a decade ago lol

got myself back into replaying psp games since it's so convenient to emulate on a phone (minus the triggers which are so awful to use)
finished burnout legends a few weeks ago but now i'm returning to mercury meltdown, this puzzle game was so cool.
shoutout to the ost too, there's a few bangers

edit: checkout my profile for a bootleg remix of the OST (without silly vocals tho you gotta look further to find em)

Last edited:
after many fights against the true final boss of every visual novel (unmedicated ADHD), I have finally finished all of the Tsukihime remake. really loved it, would recommend. I also picked up the Fate/stay night remaster and I'm looking forward to reading that again after 12 years, but I'm definitely not going into it right after lol

also been replaying Cyberpunk 2077. I first played it last year so it was already "fixed" by then, but the stuff they've added since is neat and it's still fun. I like sneaking into places and just throwing knives at everyone and/or setting them on fire with my mind. looking forward to when I actually reach the DLC, since I just started a fresh playthrough instead of loading my old one

I spent the last 2 months playing the shit out of Elden Ring.

2 years ago I beat it with pure str build, but now I changed my ways. Here is my mixed-build guy: dex, light rolls, a little sword, and a shield (it looks so cool damn). I ignored shields and blocking completely before, but in this playthrough, I used guard counters with parries, and I think I fell in love.

This build might look pretty boring, but I really loved playing as a pure knight, it feels really cool!
SxwRe7.jpg
SxbY0q.jpg

Finished Saints Row 3 and immediately moved on to 4. I find it really funny that 4 is, in a sense, just SR3 but aping Infamous instead of GTA. I never actually finished this one originally so I’m pretty excited to go through it again.

SR3, on replay, is an exceptionally of its time videogame that I think is a lot better now that cringe culture’s dead & I’m not surrounded by its peers and their tropes every time I want to look at a game. Kanye West’s “Power” plays like three different times in this game and there’s an obligatory out of nowhere set of zombie missions. Honestly? I had a great time. The story is a blast and the set pieces in this one are really good, it’s also the only game where I can call Burt Reynolds on the phone to get the cops off my tail.

We’ll see if I finish 4 this time. It’s probably the best Superman game ever made but I have never felt as strong a connection to it as I did to 3, probably just because everything takes place in the Matrix so naturally everything matters a whole lot less.

Finished Saints Row 3 and immediately moved on to 4. I find it really funny that 4 is, in a sense, just SR3 but aping Infamous instead of GTA. I never actually finished this one originally so I’m pretty excited to go through it again.

SR3, on replay, is an exceptionally of its time videogame that I think is a lot better now that cringe culture’s dead & I’m not surrounded by its peers and their tropes every time I want to look at a game. Kanye West’s “Power” plays like three different times in this game and there’s an obligatory out of nowhere set of zombie missions. Honestly? I had a great time. The story is a blast and the set pieces in this one are really good, it’s also the only game where I can call Burt Reynolds on the phone to get the cops off my tail.

We’ll see if I finish 4 this time. It’s probably the best Superman game ever made but I have never felt as strong a connection to it as I did to 3, probably just because everything takes place in the Matrix so naturally everything matters a whole lot less.
Saints Row 3 is an amazing game in terms of progression. You go from gangbanger to literal god by the end of the game, immune to explosives and bullets.

I should take this as a sign to replay it

Recently I've been getting back to some of my Xbox's backlog, rn I'm continuing Asura's Wrath, I bought it and the last 2 episodes when it was on sale and I'm enjoying it a lot! Although I do think I need to go back a few levels since I forgot most of the context after the 5 months that I haven't played. ☠

But next to that I've been replaying some old CoD zombies for preparation of BO6. Mostly BO3 but I'll get to WAW, BO1, BO2 and such soon.

playing Stasis: Bone Totem and it includes a lot of AI assets, and once you spot that, it makes you question what else was made using AI, was the story written entirely using chatgpt? Conclusion is if you're using such assets, make sure the players cannot distinguish that.

playing Stasis: Bone Totem and it includes a lot of AI assets, and once you spot that, it makes you question what else was made using AI, was the story written entirely using chatgpt? Conclusion is if you're using such assets, make sure the players cannot distinguish that.
they were doing that losing player trust any% speedrun

Back