What are you playing right now?

i keep starting games and not finishing them lol, in the month ive started:
Tokyo Xtreme Racer: Zero
Grand Turismo 4
Wolfenstein: The New Order
Sprawl
Max Payne 3
and GTA 4/5
TXR0's great! Unfortunately the later half becomes a slow-burn, but I love the game nonetheless. Master your builds, too! It really returns.

Played a game called Psychopomp recently, really cool hour-long point and click game that makes me wanna make video games...

Passed my highest Tekken 7 rank in Tekken 8, thanks only to Rank Protection :sweat:

Tekken 8 is just such a blast to play, I've finally learnt some Tekken fundemntals, despite being a fan since Tekken 5 lol

This game does a really good job of teaching the basics, and there's a youtuber I've been watching who's explaining in really easy to understand terms some basic hidden mechanics that have upped my game SO much. I can punish properly, and I've been getting better at juggling and combos.

hopped onto my New Game+ save of Elden Ring to prep for the DLC and it is a lot more fun then I remember

Small update, I've come to knocking out the Project Diva games! At first it was a passing interest, but since I got my Vita it was as good as sealed. So far I've gotten through the first two, and I'm currently going through Extend's PSP translation! Although I'm not doing it in one sitting -- I like the games but I am alright on one sitting -- I'm definitely liking it. On my Salt run, I haven't continued it in a while, however I'm waiting for that and well. It's gonna be sick!

Working my way through Persona 3 Reload far faster than the original Persona 3. Weird what happens when you’re not attending real high school anymore!

Just cleared away the lovers arcana battle and the newer additions to the combat system are really starting to show up. I think that for the most part they add some fun flair, though there’s these additional hangout activities you get to do with party members at night. They’re great extra time with the cast, but completing the micro-storylines in ‘em adds additional buffs/abilities to those party members. By way of things lining up just right I completed all of Yukari’s, but hers exclusively lower the cost of her casting healing spells… so now media only takes 1SP. That’s a little much for me lol.

yeah there's very specific things i'm always gonna prefer about FES, but P3R is amazing so far

it's really nice to be able to say "play Persona 3" without having to specify "but you should play the upgraded version of the PS2 version which is really expensive because it was a PS2 game released in 2008 and..." lol

started playing Super Mario 64 again via the PC port on my Steam Deck. finally, Mario 64 on a portable, but good this time

anyone heard of that one before? it's kind of an obscure and hidden gem, but it's REALLY good actually,

HELLDIVERS 2!!

Protecting Super Earth with all my might and not questioning how exactly the termanids get to planets that just so happen to contain the resources Super Earth wants to mine, or why the Automatons look suspiciously similar to the cyborgs from the previous war and use technology from Old Earth. Who cares!! Blast em away! FOR SUPER EARTH!!!
1709161366240.png

Spent my first couple of hours in Monster Hunter: World!

Feeling lobotomized from all the game systems, I will need to spend some time to get my head around it. But I got a cool big-ass sword, killed some inflated lizard, and destroyed my gf in arm wrestling, so we ballin:snack:
image_2024-03-09_11-02-15.png

finally picked up an OSSC so I ended up playing PS2 games most of the day. sure is great to not need the bad old LCD TV I was keeping around any more lol

happy to report that Tekken 5 and OutRun 2006 still kick ass. really looking forward to going through my library, PS2 games being (mostly) really cheap means I have way too many I've bought but never played

in my semi annual mecha binge i played armored core silent line, 4, for answer, verdict day, and 6 (again) and im also getting back into titanfall 2. what can i say i love big fuckin robots
despite its success i think ac6 is an incredibly slept on game especially story-wise, i saw ppl forreal saying that the game had no story when it actually has a really good one especially for armored core standards
but i also saw ppl being like "u can just find a broken build and use it for the whole game" u control the buttons u press, the game gives u ever incentive in the WORLD to experiment if u dont thats on u

it's genuinely amazing how AC6 has such memorable characters despite you never actually seeing how any of them look. really got to get to playing the rest of the games sometime
you're in for a treat whenever you get to the rest of the games. the entire AC franchise is filled with characters that are super impactful despite the impersonal relationships you share with them

on another note, ive been playing a LOT of splinter cell chaos theory and i love it. im a sucker for the 2000s thriller atmosphere that movies like the bourne identity put forth, and chaos theory really exhibits that era and feeling fully. the game itself offers you so many different options and forces you to make decisions throughout the levels, so that combined with the visual/sound design really makes the game immersive. id recommend it to p much anyone

it's genuinely amazing how AC6 has such memorable characters despite you never actually seeing how any of them look. really got to get to playing the rest of the games sometime
the controls for most of the classic AC games arent nearly as bad as ppl make them out to be btw, just takes some getting used to
u get dual stick starting with nexus (which is a piece of shit game honestly LOL) theres also a patch u can apply to have true dual analog on all the ps2 titles

Back