What are you playing right now?

I should probably just make a seventh gen thread or something for my Xbox 360 adventures, but ended up going through a few of my OG Xbox games to see which ones would boot on the 360 (that aren't compatible w/ XB1 or above). Crash Nitro Kart's still a blast after all these years, and then while I was making my way through one of the seven thousand Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis collections I ended up spending like an hour on Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine. That's a fun one.

Kinda miffed that Kingdom Under Fire: Heroes didn't work tho, I miss that game and my TV only takes HDMI
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine sounds so fake jfkskdf

At the end of Sekiro, kind of ran out of steam for the final boss for some reason. I'm still plugging away with an attempt or two every now and then, but really I need to take an evening and just get it done. Had a lot of fun with it, unsurprisingly, although I think I definitely struggled getting into it because of how good it's reputation is- I think it still suffers a lot of the same problems as the other modern From games, where I had the impression it was a lot more polished and immaculate. Not really a criticism, just warped expectations.

Picked up Catherine (classic) on sale, always like seeing games explore sexuality more than surface level. Not far enough into yet to say if it's successful or not, but it's very stylish and it rocks that you can drink and then go to the bathroom and look at your phone.

as a known Crab Enjoyer I of course have been playing Another Crab's Treasure and it rules. very fun & highly soulful. like a ps2 platformer with Souls mechanics leaking in. and so many crabs

also slowly chipping away at FCing the Guitar Hero 2 songs in Clone Hero. Aiming for 73/74 (if youve played it, you know). I have this loose goal of trying to FC the whole series, or at least as much of it as I can. 15 minutes of it a day will only take me another 18 years or so to finish. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yakuza 6. The new Dragon Engine sucks, but Kiryu is less depressed now and I'm just happy for my boy.
Puyo-Puyo from Club SEGA is a fucking nightmare, but I spent 10+ hours on it already and I can't stop help me

HUVvp0.jpeg

Yakuza 6. The new Dragon Engine sucks, but Kiryu is less depressed now and I'm just happy for my boy.
Puyo-Puyo from Club SEGA is a fucking nightmare, but I spent 10+ hours on it already and I can't stop help me

HUVvp0.jpeg
Started playing Yakuza Like a Dragon (again) recently! Never beat it, but this time I will!!

lately I've been playing through the Jak And Daxter series. Just finished Jak 2 a couple of days ago and I thought it was awesome, the game stretches on for a bit longer than it should have but I'm still happy w the end result. Don't know if I prefer Jak TPL over Jak 2 or vice versa. I think Jak TPL from a gameplay only perspective is the better game, just because there is less jank and overall is just a really polished product. However, if we are talking about everything else surrounding the gameplay I think Jak 2 easily wins. Not only does it have an actual story, but the characters are very interesting and likable, the soundtrack is awesome, and the art direction is killer, ect. Not to say Jak TPL only had the gameplay going for it but I just think Jak 2 nails everything I previously mentioned. Overall I think they are both 9/10 games.. dare I say 10/10 games??

Attachments

• ffxlw41l14qc1.jpeg
    ffxlw41l14qc1.jpeg
    137 KB · Views: 2
Jak II is such a strange time capsule. Everything that was popular in the early-mid 00s slammed together, whether it fits or not. GTA, guns, Tony Hawk and an excessive amount of edge. I have no idea if I can recommend it but I love it

Do NOT skip Jak X after you do 3. If you like racing games, I mean. I fucking love Jak X and it doesn't get nearly enough credit

Jak II is such a strange time capsule. Everything that was popular in the early-mid 00s slammed together, whether it fits or not. GTA, guns, Tony Hawk and an excessive amount of edge. I have no idea if I can recommend it but I love it

Do NOT skip Jak X after you do 3. If you like racing games, I mean. I fucking love Jak X and it doesn't get nearly enough credit
Oh yeah Jak X looks rad, only ones I'm gonna skip are the PSP games since they weren't developed by Naughty Dog and I've heard they're just mediocre.

I enjoyed Daxter when it came out but I haven't played it since & I don't expect it would hold up on replay tbh

I have The Lost Frontier but I never finished it. It's clearly super super disconnected from the real stuff. Might try it again one day for the novelty but my expectations of it are very very low lol

Just got Balatro recently
I'm a sucker for poker and the game has taken a chunk of my attention buffer and I can't wait til i'm home to play it again because it's all i'm thinking about

no story, no complexities
funny card roguelike go flipflipflipflipflip

I'm a sucker for poker and the game has taken a chunk of my attention buffer and I can't wait til i'm home to play it again because it's all i'm thinking about

You will get sucked in and you will never escape. I have lost game after game, closed the game, and then opened it again because JUST ONE MORE RUN

the balatro experience:
doonk doonk DOONK doonk doonk DOONK DOONK DOONK DOONK
GET MULTED GET MULTED GET MULTED (only has two red seals) (didn't beat the boss blind because base chips & mult were halved)

Currently chewing my way through the Bethesda Fallout games. 3 was a fun romp, and New Vegas has really good changes to the way that F3 was structured, but the gunplay feels a little weaker with the ironsights and all. Less VATS'ing, which I really appreciated. Inbetween that, I'm picking away at Cult of the Lamb, and looking to get back into Final Fantasy. I really want to finish FFXII.

Back