How’s today going?

Been out drinking yesterday again. Left the house around 11 pm and came back before 6 am lmfao. I'm in surprisingly good shape though so I can study for tomorrow's exam :p

quick bugstomp in helldivers, moving onto finishing up work i should have done on friday. integrating some new dinosaur models. no pic
might rearrange my office later too, and tidy up some of the tech junk laying around.

This job has already kicked my ass
🫡
I spent a significant chunk of my life as a line cook (not fast food fwiw, from scratch kitchen) and there’s a lot more that goes into it than anyone ever wants to acknowledge when they talk about “just flipping burgers”. It’ll take a few weeks to get adjusted to it but once you get a flow down, barring incompetent franchise owners or managers, it gets really fun imo. The rhythm I had when running fry or grill on a weekend dinner was so much fun when everyone worked together.

Ended up seeing a scene from a movie get filmed today! Saw 30-40 people huddled in the Save-A-Lot parking lot tonight and knew something was up. Then I saw all the cameras.

Ended up hanging out from a distance to watch the process just because I've never seen it irl before. Was really neat, they were filming in a friend's bar the other day and seem to be a cool indie crew.

🫡
I spent a significant chunk of my life as a line cook (not fast food fwiw, from scratch kitchen) and there’s a lot more that goes into it than anyone ever wants to acknowledge when they talk about “just flipping burgers”. It’ll take a few weeks to get adjusted to it but once you get a flow down, barring incompetent franchise owners or managers, it gets really fun imo. The rhythm I had when running fry or grill on a weekend dinner was so much fun when everyone worked together.
Its getting better, Im just got off the second day of working, and working rush was a pain in the ass but I was expecting it to be so. Fry stations isnt hard, it just that its one of the faster stations I have noticed. Fries will pile up and it gets to the point where I have to make new fries because everyone is behind. Maybe im in the wrong, maybe not, idk.

100%. Depends entirely on the menu but fry is all about timing and coordination. How many baskets do you guys have?
We got 6 baskets and a pressure fryer. I haven't made anything in the pressure fryer, mostly because thats for stuff like chicken fillets, which for some reason I cant make.

We got 6 baskets and a pressure fryer. I haven't made anything in the pressure fryer, mostly because thats for stuff like chicken fillets, which for some reason I cant make.
Jealous. I was stuck with 4, wanted nothing more than 2 extra most of the time lol, it was very very easy to get overwhelmed. Never worked with a pressure fryer though

What's up!

Haven't logged on in a long while, but I'm here again. I've been working on a lot of cool stuff for a while now, both in art and music. I'm less than one month away from seeing Wavedash in my city in May 2 days before my birthday! Other than that it's just a regular Saturday :)

new roommate moved in today. old friend of mine from school, have played games with him fairly regularly until now. finally got to see his obscene PC setup in person. huge full tower, 27" 1440p underneath a 21:9 ultrawide. looks like pumping iron era arnie with how top heavy it is.

What did you end up getting?
2009 Mazda 3 Sport. Thing has screens in the back and a really neat dash. Looks old and worn but drives like a dream, has a few issues, but my parents know a good mechanic so it's with them for another week or two before I can take her home for good :3

Back