How’s today going?

Finished a big commissioned project that kept me busy all month, so I bought some beer and went day drinking in the forest near my house.
H5rIko.jpeg
H5rRN5.jpeg

Found a really cool spot. This field will be covered with sunflowers soon, but now there is a good view. Sat there for the whole evening and returned home feeling relaxed for the first time in a month.

H5rmPq.jpeg
H5rgb2.jpeg

Grass is touched, and I'm happy :>

all in all, pretty lousy day today. bombed my japanese final exam like i expected to and will very likely fail the whole class. first time i've EVER failed a class. it doesn't happen, and i don't mean to sound cocky in saying that... just a bad mix of taking a course 2 levels higher than i should've been in (because the others weren't being offered), and the professor being a teacher's assistant. majoring in political science. with seemingly little experience in teaching a language course. nobody had fun.

i don't know what that means for me in terms of stuff like my scholarship, which relies on me doing well in classes to keep it, but hopefully it's nothing super duper serious. i have a 3D world design project to finish up, then one more exam on wednesday. after that, a whole two and a half months of do-whatever-the-hell-i-feel-like time. i am going to try and make So Much Art i am scared for my wellbeing

luv buying tools. 'ate paying for tools.
bought myself a hammer drill yesterday, inhaled a nice bit of brick dust today, which is a great excuse to get a cool dust mask.

It's been a really good day today. Took my rental car ('22 Toyota Corolla) back to Enterprise and despite being slapped with another pile of bills that I'll have to get reimbursed by Progressive, it's been nice. Gorgeous weather, got a lot of work done, got to catch up with an older friend who drove me back after the car drop-off.

enlighten us on the no mercy rules
If you have 25+ cards you're outta the game, the cards feature lots of action cards & most of them are all about getting you dangerously close to that 25 limit. It's much less about getting to 0 cards & much more about getting your opponents kicked out by having them hit the limit. Lots of fun.

the city gas company has been outside all day working on a neighbor's house, having reported checking for a gas leak. for ten hours.
it was at ten hours that we were informed the whole block needed to be evacuated. because the gas company was leaking gas. they hit a main pipe.
a handful of residents of the block were stuck out on the corner of the road for two hours, me included. the gas company pretty much never directly informed us about any progress. they only talked to the police when they asked. the police weren't even called. they just happened to pass by not long after we were moved out.
this was an interesting day to say the least

Solid day so far but I’m exhausted. Running from the word go lol
I jinxed myself here. My sister got into town with the transmission on her car dying, we spent the next 2-3 hours trying to find a shop that could take her & a tow company that could come get her. This day ended with me driving four hours to get her home & then heading back to my place. Perhaps the most exhausted I have ever been and it’s enough to almost make me want to never get behind the wheel of a car again lol.

Also holy hell @kevin supermarket

Spent a few hours on the road today and got to experience a steering column falling apart at 55MPH halfway through an hourlong drive. Not fun! Giant deadzone where the steering wheel flies around with no resistance & does nothing. Lucky me that I was driving it to the shop in the first place.

Back